This guide will show you How to Add Mail Account in Windows Mail and Calendar App. Windows mail apps is commonly known as Mail and Calendar. It is very similar email app as Microsoft Outlook with limited options. Developed by Microsoft Corporation and it is free for Windows users. The Mail and Calendar apps help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the most. Designed for both work and home, these apps help you communicate quickly and focus on what’s important across all your accounts. Supports Office 365, Exchange, Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo! and other popular accounts.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click the Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
How does it work?
This tool will scan and diagnose, then repairs, your PC with patent pending technology that fix your PC issues instantly.
Warning : Before making any changes in your computer, I suggest you to create a System Restore point so that you can restore back your computer to previous working stat if something goes wrong.
How to Add Mail Account in Windows Mail and Calendar App
Add a new email account
- Open the Mail app by clicking the Windows Start menu and choosing Mail.
2. If this is the first time you’ve opened the Mail app, you’ll see a Welcome page. Select Add account to get started.
3. Select Add account.
4. Choose the type of the account you want to add.
5. Enter the required information and click Sign in. For most accounts, this is your email address, password, and the account name. The account name is what you’ll see in both the left pane of Mail for Windows 10 as well as the Manage Accounts pane.
Note: If you receive the message “We couldn’t find info for that account. Make sure that the email address is correct and then try again,” you’ll need to click Try again three times before the button changes to Advanced. Click Advanced and follow the steps in the next section to add your account.
6. Click Done. Your data will start syncing as soon as your account is set up.
Add an account using advanced setup
There are two ways you can access the Advanced setup options for your email account.
- Click Advanced setup if your automatic email setup fails in Step 3 above.
- Click Advanced setup from the Choose an account window in Step 2 above. The Advanced setup option is the last option on the list, and you may have to scroll to see it.
You can choose an Exchange ActiveSync account or an Internet email account. Unless your administrator has instructed you to use Exchange ActiveSync, click Internet email.
Enter the following information in the Advanced setup window.
- Email address This is the name you’ll see in the left pane of the Mail app.
- User name This is your full email address.
- Password Enter your email account password.
- Account name This is the name that you’ll see in the left pane of Mail for Windows 10, as well as in the Manage Accounts pane. You can choose any name you want.
- Send your messages using this name Enter the name you want recipients to see when they receive your message.
- Incoming email server You can get this information from your ISP or administrator. Usually, an incoming mail server address is in the format of mail.contoso.com or imap.google.com. For many email accounts, you can find this information in our POP and IMAP server name reference.
- Account type Choose POP3 or IMAP4. Most email accounts use IMAP4. If you don’t know which one to choose, contact your ISP.
- Outgoing (SMTP) email server You can get this information from your ISP or administrator. Usually, an outgoing email server address is in the format of mail.contoso.com or smtp.contoso.com.
- By default, all four checkboxes at the bottom of the window will be selected. Most email accounts don’t require any changes to these options.
Your email provider can give you the settings you need to fill in the advanced setup but you can also go to the POP and IMAP server name reference we’ve provided for the most popular email providers.
After you’ve entered the required information, click Sign in > done.
Note: If you’re adding an account other than Gmail, see Special instructions for other accounts.
By following the above simple steps, you can configure the email account in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10 computers. For further support, leave comments or ask more on Forum.