Error api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll occurs when you try to launch any application or a file in the computer. It says the program can’t start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
The issue with the error api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll occurs if the incompatible version of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 package is installed or if it is corrupted. The issue with the DLL missing error can be fixed by installing the Update for Universal C Runtime in Windows.
Follow the below resolution steps to fix the issue with the error api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing:
Warning : The further steps might involve registry manipulation. Making mistakes while manipulating registry could affect your system adversely. So, be careful while editing registry entries and create a System Restore point first.
- Download and install the Update for Universal C Runtime in Windows from the below link.
2. Once the update is installed, reboot the computer and check if the application or the file launches fine. If the issue still persists, proceed with the further troubleshooting steps.
The Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package for Visual Studio 2015 can be installed using Windows Updates. So, try to check for the updates and install all the available updates.
For Windows 10:
- To install the updates, press the Windows Logo key, type Updates and click on Check for Updates.
2. Windows Updates page will open now and click on Check for updates. It will check for the updates and if found any, it will start the installation.
3. Once the updates are installed, reboot the computer and check if the issue got fixed.
For Windows 7:
- Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type updates and press enter.
- It will open the Windows Updates screen. Click on Check for updates.
- Select all the updates, click on Install and install all the updates.
- Once the updates are installed, reboot the computer and check if the issue got fixed.
If the issue still persists even after following the above troubleshooting steps, proceed with the further steps.
Download and install the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. You can download it from the below Microsoft link.
Once the link is opened, click on Download and install it. Then reboot the computer and check if the issue with the error api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll get fixed.
If the issue still remains same, then try repairing the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on your computer. To repair the same, follow the below resolution steps.
- Open Run Window by pressing Windows logo + R keys on the keyboard, type appwiz.cpl and press enter.
2. It will open the list of installed application in the computer. Search for Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, click on it and select the option Change.
3. Then click on Repair.
Once it is done, reboot the computer and check on the issue.
By following the above troubleshooting steps, the issue with the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll error will be fixed and the application or the file that was not launching earlier will open fine. For further support, leave comments or ask more on Forum.
In order to avoid the issues with the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll error in future, try to install the Windows Updates regularly and make sure that it is up to date. We also suggest you to scan the computer with the Anti-Virus protection, update the Anti-Virus protections regularly and not to install any unknown or free application in the computer. Also, make sure the computer is connected with a high speed Internet connection and the connection is proper without any disruptions.