Sometimes, when you try to open any program or a file on your computer, it prompts the error api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll. The issue with the error api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll occurs, if the incompatible version of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 package is installed or if it is corrupted.
It says the program can’t start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
The issue with the DLL missing error can be fixed by installing the Update for Universal C Runtime in Windows.
If you are facing the issue with error api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll on your computer while launching any file or a program, this guide helps you to fix the error and let the things work properly.
How to fix the error api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing?
Quick Note: Before proceeding with the below troubleshooting steps, we recommend you to create a System Restore point. If something goes wrong during the troubleshooting, you can restore your computer back to previous working state.
Update Universal C RunTime:
To update the Universal C RunTime, refer the below steps.
- Download and install the Update for Universal C Runtime in Windows from the below link.
2. Once the update is installed, reboot the computer and check if the application or the file launches fine. If the issue still persists, proceed with the further troubleshooting steps.
Install Visual C++ through Windows Updates to fix api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll error:
The Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package for Visual Studio 2015 can be installed using Windows Updates. So, try to check for the updates and install all the available updates.
For Windows 10:
- To install the updates, press the Windows Logo key, type Updates and click on Check for Updates.
2. Windows Updates page will open now and click on Check for updates. It will check for the updates and if found any, it will start the installation.
3. Once the updates are installed, reboot the computer and check if the issue got fixed.
For Windows 7:
- Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type updates and press enter.
- It will open the Windows Updates screen. Click on Check for updates.
- Select all the updates, click on Install and install all the updates.
- Once the updates are installed, reboot the computer and check if the issue got fixed.
If the issue still persists even after following the above troubleshooting steps, proceed with the further steps.
Manually download and install Visual C++:
Download and install the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. You can download it from the below Microsoft link.
Once the link is opened, click on Download and install it. Then reboot the computer and check if the applications opens fine without the error api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
If the issue still remains same, then try repairing the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on your computer. To repair the same, follow the below resolution steps.
- Open Run Window by pressing Windows logo + R keys on the keyboard, type appwiz.cpl and press enter.
2. It will open the list of installed application in the computer. Search for Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, click on it and select the option Change.
3. Then click on Repair.
After that, reboot your computer and check if the application works without the error api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll.
We hope the above troubleshooting steps helps you to fix the issue with the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll error. There will not be any start up errors from now on and all the applications work fine as expected. For further support, leave comments or ask more on Forum.
Error 0x80073D05 when installing or uninstalling Store apps.
Fix Outlook send/receive error 0x80042109.
How to fix tcpip.sys Blue Screen Error on Windows 10?
Microsoft Store error 0x80D03805 on Windows 10.
How to fix error 0x800701E3 on Windows 10?