Your computer is not working well after Windows updates or after recent changes. No worries we can still correct the settings by performing system restore your computer to previous working state. Many users may have no idea about this Windows hidden feature as it can be accessed through settings App in Windows 10.
RECOMMENDED: Fix this issue in 3 simple steps. Takes only 2 minutes.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
Note: You should have system restore enable and created to restore your PC to the previous working state. Refer this create system restore point
Problems or questions? Save time and get personal support. Ask your question!
Do you need to create system restore manually always?
No, it is not necessary. It is an automatic process that taken care by Windows itself. System restore create automatically when you install, uninstall applications, Windows updates or after changes in settings.
What is system restore and system refresh?
Don’t get confuse, let me make you understand them in simple way with examples.
System Restore: System restore just bring back your previous settings as it is. For example: Today you have updated Windows, after Windows updates desktop icons are flashing. You know that very well it started after Windows updates, here system restore comes to help you to bring back computer previous settings.
System Refresh: When you initiate system refresh, it restore all settings to Windows default. You may loose your data. You can choose the type of refresh you want. I mean without erasing the date or computer reset.
- Refresh Windows 10 without erasing data.
- Clean reset Windows 10
- Clean install Windows 10 from USB bootable media
- System recovery option in Windows 10
Best methods to system restore your PC
There are several ways to access system restore points, here are the quick ways to access system restore points. Using this methods you can initiate system restore in Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 computers.
Method 1: Access System restore from Computer properties
- Right click on This PC (My computer), click Properties.
- Click on Advanced system settings > System Protection > System Restore
Method 2: Access system restore from run command
- Press Windows + R key together to bring up Run command
- Type as “rstrui” without quotes.
3. Click Next to move further.
4. Select System restore point > here you can see available system restore points list that you can choose.
Scan for affected programs: By clicking on scan for affected program you can look for the changes which happen after system restore, according you choose which system bring back computer to normal mode.
5. Select the system restore point, click Next and Finish. Once you click on finish Windows will start restoring your PC, It may take few minutes, please be patience, until you see Restore is successfully computer on desktop screen.