When the computer freezes explorer.exe class not registered error occurs?
The issue with the class not registered occurs when you try to launch a particular application or sometimes at the computer startup. The issue with the computer freezes explorer.exe class not registered occurs if the concerned application DLL has been un-registered. In this guide, you will learn how to fix if the computer freezes explorer.exe class not registered error prompts.
RECOMMENDED: Fix this issue in 3 simple steps. Takes only 2 minutes.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
In some cases, because of this issue, you won’t be able to open Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Cortana and sometimes start menu. Performing the steps mentioned in this article helps you to overcome all these issues as well.
Symptoms for computer freezes explorer.exe class not registered error:
When the issue with the class not registered occurs, the computer performance will be affected and most of the application which was working fine before the issue occurrence, will not work as expected.
Some of the application that might effect because of this issue are Internet Explorer, Windows Explorer crashing etc. The error can be occurred because of various application in the computer. For example
The error might occurs as:
- Class not registered while opening pictures.
- Start button not working, error explorer.exe class not registered.
- Explorer.exe class not registered settings.
- Class not registered Internet Explorer.
The issue might occurs because of some third party application as well.
What is causing Computer freezes explorer.exe Class Not Registered error?
As we have explained you already, the issue with the explorer.exe class not registered occurs if the DLL file of the concerned application which is causing the issue gets un-registered. There are a chances that, sometimes the issue might occurs due to the following reasons as well.
The issue occurs, if
- The computer is affected with virus infections.
- DLL files of the particular program got corrupted.
- The default program files are not associated with the files.
- iCloud application might be causing the issue.
As the issue with computer freezes explorer.exe class not registered occurs due to the various reasons, we are providing you the most common troubleshooting steps that can surely fix the issue and make your computer to work properly without any error message.
How to fix computer freezes explorer.exe class not registered error?
Follow the below step by step procedure to fix the issue with computer freezes explorer.exe class not registered error message. Kindly check if the issue gets fix after performing each troubleshooting steps and proceed further.
Quick Note: Before making any changes in your computer, we suggest you to create a System Restore point, so that you can restore back your computer to previous working state if something goes wrong.
Fix DCOM (Distributed Component Object Model) errors:
To fix the DCOM errors, follow the below resolution steps.
- Press Windows logo + R keys on the keyboard to open RUN window. Type dcomcnfg and press enter.
2. This will open the Component Services.
3. Go to Component Services > Computers > My Computer on the Component Services window. Then double click on DCOM Config.
4. After that a few DCOM Configuration warning messages will pop up. Click YES or OK for all.
5. Once it is done, reboot your computer and check if the error appears at the startup or while launching the application.
This should fix the issue with computer freezes explorer.exe class not registered error. If the issue remains, you can proceed with the further troubleshooting steps.
Re-register the ExplorerFrame.dll file:
Some of the Windows users reported that re-registering the ExplorerFrame.dll file fixed the issue with computer freezes explorer.exe class not registered error message. To perform the same, follow the below resolution steps.
- Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard, select the option Command Prompt (Admin). Click on YES if prompted.
2. In the elevated command prompt, type regsvr32 ExplorerFrame.dll and press enter.
3. Once it is done, reboot your computer and check if the issue with computer freezes explorer.exe class not registered gets fix.
If the issue remains same, you can proceed with the further troubleshooting steps.
Start Internet Explorer ETW Collector Service:
Sometimes starting or restarting the Internet Explorer ETW Collector service might fix the issue with the explorer.exe class not registered error message. To restart the service, follow the below steps.
- Open RUN window in the computer, type services.msc and press enter to open Windows Services.
2. Check for Internet Explorer ETW Collector service. Right click on it and select Start.
3. After that reboot your computer and check if the issue with computer freezes explorer.exe class not registered gets fix.
If the issue remains same, you can continue with the further troubleshooting steps.
Disable iCloud Services:
In some cases, the issue with computer freezes explorer.exe class not registered error gets fix by disabling the iCloud from the task manager. So, try disabling the iCloud services to check if the issue gets fix. To disable the iCloud services.
- Right click on the Taskbar and select the option Task Manager.
2. On the Task Manager window, click on Startup tab.
3. Check and find the iCloud Services, right click on it and select the option Disable.
4. You can directly try launching the application with which you were facing the issue. We recommend you to reboot the computer and then try launching the application as well.
Set Windows Photo Viewer as a default image viewer:
When the class not registered error occur when you try to open the photo application, then you can try setting up the Windows Photo Viewer app as a default image viewer in your computer.
Note: This method works only when the issue is related to the photo viewer application.
To set Windows Photo Viewer as default application, follow the below steps.
- Press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard to open the Settings window.
- Click on System.
3. On the left had side panel, click Default apps. Then on the right side panel, scroll down to click Reset under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults section.
4. Now, Windows Photo Viewer is the default photo viewer. You can try opening the photo and hopefully it works fine.
Learn more about:
Hope this guide helped you to fix computer freezes explorer.exe class not registered error in your computer and you can continue using the computer without any errors further. For further support, leave your comments or ask more on Forum.