When you are trying to install iCloud application in the computer, you might receive the error Your computer is missing Media features. Please download Media Features Pack for Windows from Microsoft website and install and try again. This issue usually occurs if the Windows Media features is disabled on your computer.
If the Media Features are not installed on Windows 10 which is not an N or KN version, then the download from Microsoft is rejected outright. To fix the missing Media features error message follow the below step by step procedure.
Resolution steps to fix missing Media features error:
Quick note: Before making any changes in your computer, I suggest you to create a System Restore point, so that you can restore back your computer to previous working state if something goes wrong.
There are multiple ways of fixing this issue in your computer. Follow each step and check if the issue gets fixed. If not, proceed with the further troubleshooting steps.
Enabling Media Features from Turn Windows features on or off:
- Press Windows logo + R keys on the keyboard to open Run window, type appwiz.cpl and press enter to open the list of installed application in your computer.
2. On the left had side of the screen, locate Turn Windows features on or off option and click on it.
3. It will take a while to load the Windows features. Once it is loaded, scroll down and check for the Media Features and check mark the box available before the Media Features.
4. After that click on OK, it will take a while to configure the settings and once it is done, it will prompt for the reboot.
5. Reboot the computer and try installing iCloud in the computer and see if the issue is fixed. If not, please proceed with the further troubleshooting steps.
Create a Registry key:
Further steps might involve registry manipulation. Making mistakes while manipulating registry could affect your system adversely. So, be careful while editing registry entries and create a System Restore point first.
To edit the registry, follow the below steps.
- Press Windows logo + R keys on the keyboard, type regedit and press enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Then navigate to the below location.
3. Edit the value of this WindowsMediaVersion key to change its default value from 0 to 1 as seen in the image below. If it does not exist, you will have to create it.
4. If you see any other number in the value data like – 12.0.17134.48, it could be the version number of your Windows Media Player. Note it down and then change it to 1 and see. If it does not work, remember to change it back, or restore your system back.
5. Once it is done, reboot the computer and try installing iCloud. This option should work. If the issue still persists, do not worry, try the below resolution steps.
Download Media Feature Pack:
If the above troubleshooting steps didn’t work, you can try manually downloading and installing the Media Feature Pack from the Microsoft website. You can click here to visit the Microsoft website and download the Media Feature pack and install in your computer.
Make sure to select the language and the Operating System architecture (whether it is X64 or X84 bits) before downloading. Once it is downloaded, follow the on screen instructions and install the Media Feature Pack and reboot the computer. After the reboot, try installing iCloud in the computer and it should work this time.
Your computer is missing media features error while installing iCloud client application in the computer can be sorted by following the above troubleshooting steps. For further support, leave comments or ask more on Forum.