In this article will show you how to Create a bootable USB media for Windows 10 clean installation. USB bootable media is nothing but you are going to install Windows 10 through bootable USB flash drive. If you remember the older days that we use to install software’s from DVD or CD. And you know now days are getting computers without DVD drives itself. And almost all software having digital downloads. Hence we recommend you to go with USB flash drive to make it bootable. However you can still have an option to create DVD drive as bootable. But this guide is about Create a bootable USB media for Windows 10 clean installation. First, you will need to create bootable media, either on a USB flash drive or on DVD. You will need a blank DVD or USB flash/thumb drive. If you have any files in USB flash drive recommend them to save on other drive safely as it will be erased completely while create bootable drive.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click the Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
How does it work?
This tool will scan and diagnose, then repairs, your PC with patent pending technology that fix your PC issues instantly.
Assume you are ready with USB flash drive (recommended 16 GB). Go ahead and download Windows 10 media creation tool to start the process.
Create Windows 10 USB bootable installation media
1. After Clicking on Windows 10 media creation tool link, you will see Download tool now button, click on it.
2. Next, open the folder where you downloaded the Windows media creation tool exe file. Click and follow on screen instructions as below.
3. Once the tool is opened with below Windows Click on Accept to proceed further.
4. In case if you just want upgrade from existing operating system, just click “Upgrade this PC now.” For example, you have Windows 7 installed on your compute you just want directly upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 than you will click on “Upgrade this PC now,” here you’re doing a clean install, you should click “Create installation media” and then click “Next.”
5. Select the Language, Windows Edition and Architecture. If you have 64-bit capable hardware, then we recommend always choosing 64-bit because 32-bit versions lack many of the features of the 64-bit version and do not support more than 4GB of system memory. Then, click Next.
6. The next window will ask you if you want to create bootable flash media or create an ISO file. Select USB flash drive, Click Next
You can select any option here. But since we are going to install Windows using Flash drive, connect the flash drive to computer and click on create bootable flash media. Even if you create an ISO file, still you will be having an option to create create bootable flash media or Bootable DVD drive. Learn How to burn Windows 10 ISO image.
7. Select the USB flash drive from the list and click Next
Now are created Windows 10 USB flash drive installation media. Personally I recommended USB flash drive to make Windows 10 bootable drive to install Windows 10 as it looks easy for me. After you create Windows 10 USB installation media, you can start installing Windows 10 in to your computer. Learn How to perform Windows 10 clean installation.