Microsoft Outlook is an email program that can also be used as a personal information management system. Outlook is part of the Microsoft Office suite, which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote. It can also be purchased separately as a single application. Outlook can be used on a single computer or it can be used on an exchange server so that multiple users can access all of its features at once. Outlook is compatible with various mobile devices, including Blackberry phones and it works on both Windows and Macintosh computers.
RECOMMENDED: Fix this issue in 3 simple steps. Takes only 2 minutes.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
In this guide we will show you how to Create Microsoft Outlook Profile and Mail Configuration In Windows 10.
Problems or questions? Save time and get personal support. Ask your question!
Warning : Before making any changes in your computer, I suggest you to create a System Restore point so that you can restore back your computer to previous working stat if something goes wrong.
Create Microsoft Outlook Profile and Mail Configuration
- Open Control panel, then Click on Mail Option.
2. Click Show Profiles.
3. Click Add.
4. Type a name for your profile.
5. Outlook 2007 and above versions support “AutoDiscovery“. This will set up your email account automatically. Enter your name, email address and password. Outlook will try to set up the profile.
If it does not work, proceed with “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” as shown below.
6. Click to select Manually configure server settings or additional server types, and then click Next.
7. Click to select POP or IMAP, and then click Next.
8. On the POP and IMAP Account Settings screen, type the following setting information:
- In the Your Name box, type your name as you want it to be displayed to recipients.
- In the Email Address box, type your email address. For example, type email@example.com.
- In Account Type, select POP3.
- Then, in the Incoming mail server box, type pop3.live.com.
- In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, type smtp.live.com.
- In the User Name box, type your MSN account name.
- In the Password box, type your MSN password.
- Click to select the Remember Password check box, if you want to save it.
- Leave the Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) check box unchecked.
- Click More Settings.
- Next, click the Outgoing Server tab, and then click to select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication check box.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click to select the This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) check box under Incoming Server (POP3).
Note: Set the Incoming Server (POP3) port number as 995..
- Select TLS for Use the following type of encrypted connection under Outgoing server (SMTP), and then click OK.
Note The Outgoing Server (SMTP) box should be set to port 25. If port 25 is blocked in the network or by your ISP, you can set SMTP port to 587.
9. On the right side of the POP and IMAP Account Settings screen, click Test Account Settings.
If you receive an error, make sure that you have entered all the information correctly, and then click Test Account Settings again. If all the information is correct and you continue to receive errors, go to the “Next Steps” section for more help.
10. Click Next, and then click Finish
This is how you create Microsoft Outlook profile and configure your email account. In case you if get any error, there should be issues with incorrect settings, ISP server is not up or security software may blocking your outlook settings. If that is the case, contact your computer support technician for further assistance. For further support, leave comments or ask more on Forum.