Microsoft designed to look it Operating systems quite visually. It does not mean you have to composure you need to use it. Enabling visual effect may effect on your computer performance. No worries, Windows allow customization; here we can disable visual effects run PC smoother.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click the Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
How does it work?
This tool will scan and diagnose, then repairs, your PC with patent pending technology that fix your PC issues instantly.
How to disable visual effects on Windows 10
- Press Windows and R key together to bring up Run command.
- Type sysdm.cpl to open system properties.
- Click on Advanced Tab, And Click on Settings option under Performance.
- On Visual Effects tab you can select settings to use for appearance and performance of Windows on your computer. Here you find mainly four custom options as below.
Let Windows Choose what’s best for my computer: When this option is checked Windows will automatically calculate what is best for your computer and accordingly it enables necessary visual effects.
Adjust for best appearance: When this option is enabled, Windows enables all required options to represent Windows look more visually. This can graphically looks good but performance may be poor.
Adjust for best Performance: This option only concentrate on computer performance when this enabled. It does not bother about computer visual appearance.
Custom: This the main option that allows user to customize visual effects as per their need.
How to choose visual effect to run computer smoother.
Below are the available visual effect options in Windows 10. Let me explain about all options so that you can choose what to enable and what not to improve computer performance.
- Animate controls and elements inside Windows: The “Animate controls and elements inside windows” visual effect is what allows Windows to animate buttons, scrollbars, taskbar icons and popup windows, start button, copy dialog, and more. You can disable to run PC smoother.
- Animate Windows when minimizing and maximizing: it gives visual touch while minimize and maximize Window’s. It is actually not that impotent for low-end computers. You can disable it to speed up your computer.
- Animation on Task bar: This option displays animations in the taskbar and Start Menu, including the animation of task bar thumbnail previews opening and closing. You can disable it to speed up your computer.
- Enable Peek: by enabling, this options computer previous the desktop when you move your mouse to the show desktop button at the end of the taskbar. You can leave it enable.
- Fade or slide menus into view: This option fade or slide menu or tooltip or combo boxes into view
- Fade or slide tooltips into view: ToolTips are short reminders that appear when you hover over an item or the item is trying to alert you about something. You can disabled it.
- Fade out menu items after clicking: Fade out animation for menu is actually not required. Disable it.
- Save Task bar thumbnails previous: By disabling it, you can improve files and folder loading time. Disable it.
- Show Shadow under mouse pointer: There is no use of this option, disable it to move moue pointer smoothly.
- Show Shadow under Windows: Disable it.
- Show thumbnails instead of icons: Enable it
- Show translucent selection rectangle: enable it
- Show windows contents while dragging: disable it.
- Slide open compo boxes: Disable it
- Smooth edges of screen fonts: Enable it
- Smooth-scroll list boxes: Enable it.
- Use drop shadow for icon labels on the desktop: Enable it
Now click on Apply and OK, reboot the computer to changes take effect.
- Disable startup programs to boot Windows quickly
- Terminate background process using task manager
- what makes your computer slow
- Disk Cleanup actually improves PC performance
Hope this guide helped you to disable visual effects and improve your computer performance. Comment your experience below.