Windows 10 users are quite aware of the Microsoft Store. You can use Store to download different applications and install it on your computer. You can also update different applications from the Store. Sometimes, when you try to install or uninstall any Microsoft Store app, you may encounter the issue with error 0x80073D05.
RECOMMENDED: Fix this issue in 3 simple steps. Takes only 2 minutes.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
The error message appears as
0x80073D05, ERROR DELETING EXISTING APPLICATION DATA STORE FAILED. An error occurred while deleting the package’s previously existing application data.
Suppose, if you are facing the issue with error 0x80073D05 while installing or uninstalling the Microsoft Store apps, this guide helps you to fix the error and get the things back to normal.
Why the error 0x80073D05 occurs?
There are several factors causing the Microsoft Store error 0x80073D05.
- Microsoft says the issue can be caused when the Simulator app is running.
- If any files in the app data folder are open, you may face this error.
- Issue with Microsoft Store.
How to fix Microsoft Store error 0x80073D05 on Windows 10?
Follow the below resolution steps one by one and check if the issue gets fix. If the issue remains, you can proceed with the further resolution steps.
Close Simulator app:
Before you proceed with the further troubleshooting steps, try to close the Simulator app on your computer and check if the issue gets fix.
If the issue remains, you can continue with the further resolution steps.
Run Windows Store apps Troubleshooter:
In order to fix the issue with Store error 0x80073D05, you can run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter.
Refer the below steps to perform the same.
- Press Windows logo + I keys on your keyboard to open Settings window. Click on Update & Security.
2. Click on Troubleshoot. On the right hand pane search and locate Windows Store apps.
3. Click on it and select the option Run the troubleshooter.
4. It will start detecting the problems. If found any, it prompts you to fix them.
After that, reboot your computer and try to install or uninstall any Store apps on your computer. If the issue with error 0x80073D05 remains, you can continue with the further troubleshooting steps.
Clear Windows Store cache to fix error 0x80073D05:
Clearing the Windows Store cache helps you to reset Windows Store without changing account settings or deleting installed apps. If you encounter any issue with Windows Store, it helps you to fix them.
Refer the below steps to reset Windows Store cache.
- Click on Windows button. In the search bar, type wsreset.exe. Right click on it and select the option Run as Administrator.
2. A black screen will flashes as below.
3. After some time, Windows Store will open automatically. You can now try to download and install the apps and check if that works.
4. While clearing the cache, suppose if you receive the below error.
Windows cannot find ‘ms-windows-store:PurgeCaches’. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again
You need to re-register the Windows Store app by running the following command in an elevated command prompt window:
powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml
After this, reboot your computer and try to clear the Windows Store cache. It should work fine this time. Now, try to install or uninstall any Windows Store apps. It should work fine this time, if the issue continues; you can proceed with the further resolution steps.
Reset Microsoft Store to fix error 0x80073D05:
If you encounter any issue with Microsoft Store apps, you can try to reset the Store in order to fix it. Therefore, in order to fix the issue with error 0x80073D05, you can try to reset the Microsoft Store.
Refer the below steps to perform the same.
- Press Windows logo + I keys on your keyboard to open Settings window. Click on Apps.
2. On the left side screen, click on Apps & features. On the right hand side, scroll down and locate Microsoft Store.
3. Click on Microsoft Store and select Advanced options.
4. Scroll down and click on Reset option.
5. It prompts the below message. Click on Reset again.
This will reset the Store on your computer. Now, reboot your computer and try to install or uninstall apps. It should work fine this time.
If the above troubleshooting steps did not help you to fix the Windows Store error 0x80073D05, you can try to perform System Reset.
I hope that the above troubleshooting steps help you to fix the issue with Microsoft Store error 0x80073D05 and let the Store works properly. If you need any further help on this error any further assistance, do comment below. You can also ask more on our Forum.