In this guide will show you how to fix Error 0X80240034 while installing updates in Windows 10 by following simple recommended steps.
Error code 0X80240034 occurs when you try to install Windows updates in Windows 10 computers. The error usually occurs when you try to install the Cumulative Update KB4048955 and also while installing the Windows 10 insider preview. The issue with the error 0X80240034 occurs due to the broken update store or an update package under Windows.
The issue with the error 0X80240034 also occurs due to faulty or repeatedly failing Internet connection. Make sure that the Internet connection is proper and it is recommended to have a high speed Internet connection to install the updates in the computer.
Follow the below resolution steps to fix the issue with the error 0X80240034:
Warning : Further steps might involve registry manipulation. Making mistakes while manipulating registry could affect your system adversely. So, be careful while editing registry entries and create a System Restore point first.
Reset Windows update components:
- Open Command Prompt with admin permission.
2. Type the following commands one by one and press enter.
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
3. Rename the SoftwareDistribution folder and Catroot2 folder using the below commands.
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
4. Once it is done, restart the computer and try installing the Windows updates. If the same issue occurs again, proceed with the further troubleshooting steps.
Check the System Registry:
- Search for regedit in the search bar, right click on it and click on Run as Administrator to open the Registry Editor.
2. Navigate to the below location.
3. Delete the entries WUServer and WIStatusServer in the right pane if available.
4. Then restart the computer and try installing the updates. Windows updates should install fine this time without any error.
By following the above troubleshooting steps, the issue with the error 0X80240034 will get fixed and updates will install fine in the computer. If the issue still persists even after all these troubleshooting steps, then it is required to proceed with the System Reset or Re installation of the Operating System. For further support, leave comments or ask more on Forum.
In order to avoid the issue with the error 0X80240034 in future, we suggest you to scan the computer with the Anti-Virus protection, update the Anti-Virus protections regularly and not to install any unknown or free application in the computer. Also, make sure the computer is connected with a high speed Internet connection and the connection is proper without any disruptions.