When you try to upgrade the Windows 10 to the latest version through windows update, you might receive the error 0xc1900107 and the upgrade gets failed. This issue might occur if the previous update installation is still pending and a system reboot is required to continue the upgrade installation.
RECOMMENDED: Fix this issue in 3 simple steps. Takes only 2 minutes.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
Windows 10 Update Error 0xc1900107 is a recurring problem common for Windows 10 Anniversary upgrade. Though this problem was first encountered last year, there are still quite a number of users who face this issue. It is necessary to note that the error is not caused by any malware. It may be triggered due to the several conflicting security programs. Another reason of such occurrence might be that your computer does not reach the minimum requirements.
Problems or questions? Save time and get personal support. Ask your question!
Resolution steps to fix error 0xc1900107:
Quick note: Before making any changes in your computer, I suggest you to create a System Restore point, so that you can restore back your computer to previous working state if something goes wrong.
Follow the below resolution steps one by one and check if the issue gets fixed. If not you can proceed with the further troubleshooting steps to fix the error 0xc1900107.
Make sure there are no pending updates available:
- Open the start menu and check if the Shut Down button is replaced with “Update and Shut down” or “Update and restart”.
2. If you find the same message at the shutdown button, it means there are some pending updates that needs to be installed.
3. Simply click on update and restart button. Computer will reboot now. It will configure the updates during the reboot. Once the computer is booted back, the message will be gone from the shutdown button this time.
4. Now, try to install the updated version of the Windows and see if the issue with the error 0xc1900107 gets fix.
5. If the updates pop up still remains at the shutdown button, then click here and follow the required troubleshooting steps.
Free up space on hard drive:
The issue might occur if there is no space in the hard drive as well. So, clearing the space or the temporary files in the hard drive might fix the issue. You can free up the space in the hard drive in multiple ways. You can follow the below simple steps to fix the error while upgrading Windows 10.
- Press Windows logo + R keys on the keyboard to open the RUN window, type temp and press enter. Click on YES or OK if it prompts.
2. Select all the files present in this temporary folder and delete them. If any Administrator pop up prompts, click on YES or continue.
3. You can repeat the same by typing %temp% and prefetch each time.
4. Performing the disc cleanup also removes the unwanted files from the hard drive.
5. You can type cleanmgr in the RUN window to open the Disc cleanup window, select the drive and click on OK.
6. It will scan for all the unwanted files available in the computer and gives the report. You can check all the unwanted files from this screen and delete them.
7. It also prompts the Recycle Bin files as well. If you wish to keep those files, you can simply uncheck the Recycle Bin option and proceed further.
Once it is done, try installing the updates and see if the upgrade works fine without any error. If not proceed with the further troubleshooting steps.
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter:
Windows 10 has a built in troubleshooter to fix few issues automatically. Some of the minor issues can be sorted out automatically by running this tool. You can try using the Windows update troubleshooter and fix the update and shutdown not working.
To run Windows update troubleshooter:
- Open settings, click on update and security and select Troubleshoot.
- Click on Windows Update option and Run the troubleshooter.
3. This will try detecting the issues, and then fix common issues which can be resolved by Windows itself.
4. It might take several minutes to complete the process, so be patient. In the end, if you have some updates pending which was not realized by the system earlier, it will apply the fix by restarting the Windows Update service.
Perform System Reset:
If the above troubleshooting steps did not resolve the issue, it seems that some of the Windows Update components got corrupted. So, you can try performing the System Reset to fix the issue with the update and shutdown/restart not working.
The above troubleshooting steps should fix the issue with the error 0xc1900107 while installing the latest version of the Windows. You can try performing the steps one by one. For further support, leave comments or ask more on Forum.