In this guide learn how to fix an unknown error occurred outlook error 0x80040119-0x80040600. If you use Microsoft Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2003, or Outlook 2002 with Windows 7, with Windows Vista, or with Windows XP, you may receive one of the following error messages when you try to read, send, receive, or delete an email message. You may see error as below.
- “An unknown error has occurred”
- “Messaging interface has caused an unknown error.”
Fix An unknown error has occurred Outlook Error 0x80040119-0x80040600
You may be able to resolve this problem by using the Inbox Repair Tool to analyse and repair the .pst file. A .pst file is a personal-folders file that stores your email messages, contacts, notes, calendar items, and other data.
The steps to use the Inbox Repair Tool differ, depending on your computer’s operating system. Use the appropriate set of the following steps to resolve this issue.
Quick Note: Before performing below steps with .pst file, it is strongly recommended to take the back of same.
Step 1: Run Inbox Repair Tool (Scanpst.exe)
Quick Note: You may need to run the scanpst.exe file several times (5-8). Keep doing this until it says that no errors were found in the file.
To run the Inbox Repair Tool, follow these steps:
- Make sure Outlook is closed.
- Make sure that the Show hidden files and folders option is enabled in your Folder options. The file scanpst.exe is a hidden file, so you need this setting to be enabled to locate it.To check this setting, follow these steps:
- Click Start, then Control panel.
- Double-click Folder options, and then switch to the View tab.
- Under Hidden files and folders, make sure the Show hidden files and folders option is selected, and then click Ok.
- Click Start, and then click Search.
- In the search box, type scanpst.exe. If you cannot find the scanpst.exe file using Search, try to locate the file manually. Check the following locations for the file (location depends on which version of Windows you are using):
Default .PST files location in Windows Computer.
64-bit Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10
- drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE16
- drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE15
- drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE14
- drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12
32-bit Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10
- drive:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16
- drive:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
- drive:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
- drive:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
- Double-click the scanpst.exe file to open the program.
- Click Browse to locate the corrupted .pst fileBy default the .pst files can be located in the following folders:
- drive:\Users\<username>\Documents\Outlook Files
- drive:\Users\<username>\My Documents\Outlook Files
- drive:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook.
- Click Start. The Inbox Repair Tool scans the file and reports whether it found any errors. Click Repair if any errors were found.
- Click OK.
Learn more about Outlook PST files
- Automatic Inbox Repair Tool for Outlook 2013
- Automatic Inbox Repair Tool for Other versions of Outlook
- How to locate, move, or back up your .pst file.
Note: The Inbox Repair Tool cannot repair every problem that is detected. In some cases, items may not be recovered if they were permanently deleted or corrupted beyond repair.
Step 2: Disable or uninstall anti-virus.
Check your antivirus manufacturer’s website for additional suggestions or Disable the antivirus software. And Disable the firewall in router. If you found outlook is working fine after disable the antivirus software, highly recommended to uninstall the same using their removal tool and reinstall it.
Follow below links to disable, uninstall or reinstall antivirus software from your computer
- How to temporarily disable any antivirus firewall
- Remove-reinstall Norton anti-virus using Norton removal tool
- Completely uninstall AVG products
- Disable Windows Defender in Windows 8/10
- Turn Windows Defender on or off in Windows 8
- Turn Windows Defender on or off in Windows 7
List of manual antivirus uninstallers:
- Click the link associated with the antivirus software currently installed on your system and follow the prompts or instructions on the website.
- Once uninstallation is complete, you will need to restart your computer.
- CA Antivirus
- Comodo Internet Security
- Cyber Defender Early Detection Center
- Dr. Web : (Only registered Dr.Web users can access support content)
- FRISK F-PROT Antivirus for Windows
- G Data
- K7 Total Security
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Norman Virus Control/Norman Security Suite
- Norton (Symantec)
- Norton Security Scan
- Panda Cloud Internet Protection
- Pareto Logic
- Spybot Search & Destroy
- Total Defense Anti-Virus (formerly CA Anti-Virus)
- Trend Micro
- Trend Micro Titanium
- Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Agent
- Vipre (Sunbelt Software)
- Windows Defender
- Windows Live OneCare
- Windows Security Essentials
- Zone Alarm
Step 3: Create New Outlook Profile and Reconfigure email client.
- Go to Control panel, Click on Mail Option.
- Click Show Profiles
- Click Add
- Type a name for your profile.
- Outlook 2007 and above versions support “AutoDiscovery“. This will set up your email account automatically. Enter your name, email address and password and Outlook will try to set up the profile. If it does not work, proceed with “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” and continue.
Refer below links to create Outlook Profile and Mail Configuration.
- Create Microsoft Outlook Profile and Mail Configuration
- Add Mail Account in Windows Mail and Calendar App
Hope In this guide you learned how to Fix An unknown error has occurred Outlook Error 0x80040119-0x80040600. And able to fix the issues. If not you need to contact your email providers or Internet service provider. Meanwhile ask your queries in comments or Forum.