We know you will are worried as can’t sync your iPhone because it is not recognized by the PC. No worries this guide will show you how to fix computer or iTunes not recognizing iPhone issues in Windows computers. When you connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod to Windows computer with Apple lighting USB cable and iTunes or computer doesn’t recognize your Apple device.
RECOMMENDED: Fix this issue in 3 simple steps. Takes only 2 minutes.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
When iTunes on your computer doesn’t recognize your connected device, you might see an unknown error or a “0xE” error. If you do, follow these steps and try to connect your device again after each step.
There’re several reasons why iPhone is not recognized by PC/Mac. The USB cable and USB port can be one of the common causes. If there’s something wrong with the USB cable or the USB port, your iPhone can’t connect to the computer, so your iPhone is not detected by PC. Others can be the software issues, such as the Windows system, the iOS version, or the iTunes issue. Also the Apple USB driver issue can cause PC not recognizing iPhone.
How to fix computer or iTunes not recognizing iPhone error?
Follow the below resolution steps one by one and check if the issue gets fix. If the issue remains, you can proceed with the further steps.
Quick Note : Before making any changes in your computer, I suggest you to create a System Restore point so that you can restore back your computer to previous working state if something goes wrong.
Method 1: Check basic check list as below
Sometimes, it doesn’t take much to fly over what appears to be an insurmountable hurdle. Experienced pilots know how important following a strict checklist is in case of emergency. We advise you to do the same and before you continue, make sure you checked every item in the list below.
- Restart your iPhone and computer. Then try connecting your iPhone to Windows 10/8/7 computer and see if the issue is resolved.
- Give your computer a few minutes to detect the device upon connecting.
- Connect iPhone to another USB port on PC.
- Try using another USB cable. You’d better use the original Apple cable.
- Try installing or reinstalling the latest version of iTunes.
- Upgrade your iPhone to the latest iOS.
- If Auto-Lock is on, unlock the iPhone with your password. (Forgot iPhone pass code?)
- Trust the computer when prompted at the time you’re connecting your iOS device.
Method 2: Check Mobile Device Support, Service and USB Driver
If the basic workarounds listed in part 1 cannot make computer or iTunes detect and recognize your iOS device, we recommended you to install or reinstall the Apple Mobile Device Support service and USB driver.
Step 1: Check if Apple Mobile Device Support is installed
- Go to the Control Panel > Uninstall a program to check if Apple Mobile Device Support is installed. If not, you need to reinstall iTunes.
Step 2: Start the Apple Mobile Device Service Again
- Go to Start > Run or press Windows key + R and type ‘services.msc‘ in the text field and hit Enter. Then, Locate Apple Mobile Device or Apple Mobile Device Service. Press right-click and then go to Properties. Click Stop to end the service. Click Start to restart the service again and then reboot your computer.
Step 3: Check the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver
- Type devmgmt.msc from Start > Run (or press Windows key + R) and then hit Enter. Then, expand the Universal Serial Bus Controllers entry in device manager and verify if the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is listed.
- If not listed, you just need to reinstall iTunes and connect your iPhone to PC. The computer will then automatically install the drivers for you.
If you see a “!” next to the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver entry, right-click on the entry and choose “Enable”.
Method 3: Make sure the iOS is up to date
The outdated software in your devices can lead to iPhone not detected in computer, so you should check the following and make sure it’s up to date.
Step 1: Make sure your iOS version and iTunes software is up to date.
- Launch the Settings app in your iPhone, and go to General > Software Update.
- Check if there’s any update. If so, tap Download and Install to update your iPhone to the latest version.
Step 2:. Make sure your iTunes is up to date
You should also check your iTunes version, and ensure it’s the latest version in your computer.
Note: If you haven’t installed iTunes in your computer, download it here and install it in your computer.
1) Launch iTunes on your computer.
2) Click Help and select Check for Updates.
3) Follow the instructions to update if there’s any update.
You should also make sure that the Windows or MacOS is updated.
After checking these, reconnect your iPhone with your computer to see if your computer recognizes your iPhone. If the issue still persists, check the following solutions.
Method 4: Reinstall iTunes on your computer completely.
This sounds an odd one, but works for many people whose computer is not recognizing iPhone. To do so, follow these link or steps:
- Unplug your USB cable from your computer and disconnect your iPhone.
- Uninstall iTunes on your computer.
- Download and reinstall iTunes from Apple.
- Launch iTunes on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone with your computer to connect again.
There you have it – The five solutions to solve computer or iTunes not recognizing iPhone. Please add a comment below to let us know if these fixes resolved your issue. If you have any other issues, feel free to let us know, and we’ll do our best to help. You can also ask more on our Forum.