The d3dx9_42.dll missing or not found error is caused by Windows DirectX. To play games and other graphics oriented programs in Windows you should have DirectX installed and working fine in Windows. DirectX is used by games, graphics drivers. If any graphics drivers, graphics based games are corrupted or Windows DirectX itself corrupted, you face this error d3dx9_42.dll missing or not found error. DLL is nothing but dynamic link library. As per the error the d3dx9_42.dll missing or not found is not found in the installation path you may face this issues. The below troubleshooting steps to Fix d3dx9_42.dll missing or not found Errors in your computer.
RECOMMENDED: Fix this issue in 3 simple steps. Takes only 2 minutes.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
Quick Note: Before making any changes in your computer, I suggest you to create a System Restore point so that you can restore back your computer to previous working stat if something goes wrong.
Step 1: Download install DirectX from Microsoft Official website.
- Go to Windows End-User Runtimes download page and DirectX End-User Runtimes . Learn more How to install the latest version of DirectX
- Download and install DirectX
- Restart the computer; check if the issues are fixed.
Step 2: Update Graphics Card drivers.
- Press Windows + R key to bring up run command and type devmgmt.msc. Press enter.r
- Expand Display adapters. Right click on Graphics drive, click on Update Driver Software
Step 3: Reinstall the program or Game.
- Press Windows + R key to bring up run command and type Appwiz.cpl and press enter.
Find the applications or Game. Right click on that program and click on Uninstall.
Step 4: Refresh Windows 10
How to reset Windows 10
Step 5 : Reset Windows 10
Before proceed with Reset options make sure you have data backup. As Reset will erase your computer. Learn How to reset Windows 10
Hope above resolutions steps had helped you to fix the issues. Let us know your thoughts in comments. That’s it.