ERR_CONNECTION_ABORTED is an error which comes up when the site you are trying to visit cannot support the SSLv3 (Secure Socket Layer) on the browser. Some sites will work, but certain sites wont. Now there are several causes which could be the cause of the issue but the most common one is related to the SSL. Also possible is that your firewall, windows or third party may be blocking the site as well which you should check manually or reset it.
The error message is displayed as below
Before trying any troubleshooting steps, try to access the same website from a different browser and preferably a different connection.
If you still encounter this error, here is what you can do to fix it.
Resolution steps to fix ERR_CONNECTION_ABORTED error in Chrome:
Quick note: Before making any changes in your computer, I suggest you to create a System Restore point, so that you can restore back your computer to previous working state if something goes wrong.
Disable SSLv3 in Chrome:
- Right click on the Chrome shortcut icon on the desktop and select properties.
- In the Target field, under the Shortcut tab at the end after the last ” add a space and then add –ssl-version-min=tls1.
3. Click on Apply and then OK. Now, when you relaunch the Chrome browser, it will run with SSLv3 disabled.
4. Reboot the computer once and see if the issue with the ERR_CONNECTION_ABORTED error got fixed. If not, proceed with the further troubleshooting steps.
Temporarily disable Antivirus and Firewall:
You can try temporarily disabling the Antivirus or Firewall in the computer and check if the issue gets fixed. To perform the same follow the below steps:
- Right click on the Antivirus program icon from the system tray icons and select Disable.
2. Next, select the time frame for which the Antivirus will remain disabled. You can choose the smallest amount of time possible for example 15 or 30 minutes.
3. Once it is done, launch the Chrome and check if the issue got resolved or not.
4. Press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard, select the Control Panel option.
5. Click on System and Security in the Control Panel Window and then click on Windows Firewall.
6. On the left side of the screen, select the option Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
7. Select Turn off Windows Firewall and reboot your computer. Again try to open Chrome and see if you are able to Fix ERR_CONNECTION_ABORTED in Chrome.
If the issue is not fixed with the above troubleshooting steps, proceed with the further steps.
Reset Google Chrome browser:
Make sure that the Chrome browser is closed completely. You can try opening the Task Manager and end if there are any Chrome processes running.
- Press Windows logo + R keys on the keyboard to open RUN window, copy and paste the below line and press enter.
2. Now, backup the Default folder to a different location and then delete this folder.
Note: All the saved bookmarks, history, data, cookies, cache and passwords saved in the browser will be saved in this folder, so make sure you are making a backup of this folder.
3. Open Google Chrome now, click on three dots at the top right corner and select Settings.
4. Scroll down and click on Advanced at the bottom.
5. Again scroll down to bottom and click on Reset column.
6. This would open a pop window again asking if you want to Reset, so click on Reset to continue.
Now, open Chrome browser and see if the issue with the ERR_CONNECTION_ABORTED error got fixed. If the issue still persists, proceed with the further steps.
Reinstall Google Chrome:
If the issue with the chrome still persists even after performing all the above troubleshooting steps, try reinstalling the Chrome in the computer. Make sure to uninstall Google Chrome completely from your system then again download it from here. Also, make sure to delete the user data folder and then install it again from the above source.
Issue with the browsers while browsing Internet is quite often and it can be resolved by following the steps one by one as mentioned in this article. For further support, leave comments or ask more on Forum.