Google Chrome is the most commonly used browser by the Windows users after the Internet Explorer. There are many features available in this browser which helps users to access them and make the best use of it. When you are browsing different websites in the Google Chrome, you may encounter different issues with or without error messages. ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE error also most commonly seen error while browsing some SSL certified websites in Chrome which won’t load after this error.
There is no guarantee that all the websites will not load. It is observed that in some cases, some websites opened fine and some prompted the error message. Hence, for these kinds of issues, there is no guarantee that a particular resolution steps will fix. So, we have listed all the possible troubleshooting steps that will fix the issue.
ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE error on Google Chrome occurs due to the following reasons.
- TLS 1.3
- Incorrect date and time.
- Mess up of browsing data and cookies.
- If the hardware accelerator is enabled.
- Outdated version of Google Chrome.
- Faulty Anti-virus program.
The issue with the error ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE might occur with any of the above reasons. You can follow the below resolution steps and check if the issue got fixed after each step. If the issue persists, you can proceed with the further troubleshooting steps.
How to fix ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE error on Google Chrome?
Quick Note: Before making any changes in the computer, we suggest you create a System Restore Point, so that you can restore back your computer to previous working state if something goes wrong.
Step 1: Disable TLS 1.3 in Chrome.
Disabling TLS 1.3 in the Google Chrome sometimes helps you in fixing the issue with error ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE in the computer. To perform the same, follow the below resolution steps.
- Launch Chrome browser in the computer and in the address bar type chrome://flags/ and press enter key. This will open the Flags option in Chrome.
- Now, in the Flags search bar, type TLS. It will launch the TLS 1.3 option on the screen. On the drop-down menu next to TLS 1.3, change the Default option to Disable.
3. Once it is done, Chrome will prompt to Relaunch the browser. Click on it.
4. Now, try browsing the websites that were prompting the ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE error and check if that works fine now.
If you still get the same error on Chrome, you can proceed with the further troubleshooting steps.
Step 2: Incorrect Date and Time.
In some cases, it is observed that if the time and date set in the computer are incorrect, the ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE might prompt in the Chrome browser. So, setting up the time and date in the computer to automatic might help in fixing the issue.
To set the date and time to automatic, follow the below steps:
- Press Windows logo + I key on the keyboard to open the Settings window.
- In the Settings Window, click on the option Time & Language.
3. In the Date & Time window, enable the options Set time automatically and Set time zone automatically.
Now, restart Google Chrome browser and check if the websites open fine without the error message ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE. If the issue persists, proceed with the further troubleshooting steps.
Step 3: Clear browsing data in the browser.
Simply clearing the browsing history in the Chrome helps in fixing the issue with ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE error in the computer. To perform the same, follow the below resolution steps.
- Launch Chrome browser, click on the 3 dots button on the top right corner of the screen and click on Settings option.
2. In the Settings window, scroll down and click on Advanced option.
3. Search and locate the Privacy and Security section. In that, you will find the option Clear Browsing Data. Click on it.
4. Clear browsing data screen will open now. Check mark all the options. In the Time Range drop-down menu, select All time option and click on Clear Data.
Now, close and reopen the Chrome browser and check if the issue with the error ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE fixed. If the issue persists, you can continue with the further troubleshooting steps.
Step 4: Disable hardware Acceleration.
Hardware acceleration helps you to speed up the browsing speed in the browser. Disabling the hardware acceleration option in the Chrome also fixed the issue with ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE error in the browser. To disable the hardware acceleration in the Google Chrome, follow the below resolution steps.
- Launch Chrome browser. Click on the 3 dots at the top right corner of the screen and select the Settings option.
- Now, scroll down and click on Advanced option.
3. Search for System section in the Advanced settings and locate the option Use hardware acceleration when available. If it is enabled, toggle the button to disable the same.
It will prompt to relaunch the browser. Close and reopen the Chrome and try browsing different websites that were not opening and check if the issue is resolved. If the issue persists, you can proceed with the further troubleshooting steps.
Step 5: Make sure Google Chrome is up to date.
The outdated version of the Chrome browser may cause different issues. So, it is good to check for the updates in the Chrome browser and make sure that the Chrome is up to date. To update the Chrome browser in the computer:
- Launch Chrome browser in the computer, click on the 3 dots button on the top right corner and select the option Help and then About Google Chrome.
2. Once you launch the About window, Chrome automatically will search for the Updates if any available, downloads and install them.
This will update the Chrome browser. Once it is done, relaunch the browser and check if the Chrome works fine without any error message. Hopefully this will resolve the issue with ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE error in the computer. If the issue persists, there are chances that the faulty Anti-Virus may be causing the issue. To check on that, follow the below further steps.
Step 6: Disable Anti-virus or Firewall Software.
Faulty or corrupted Anti-virus software installed in the computer might also cause the issue with the ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE error in the computer. So, you can try disabling the Anti-virus or the Firewall in the computer and check the issue.
If the websites open fine after disabling the Anti-virus program, the issue is with that application. You can refer the below links for further help on it.
Follow the steps from the above links to disable or uninstall the Anti-virus applications from the computer and check the Chrome works fine without any error message.
Hope this guide helps you in fixing the issue with the ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE error in the computer and allow you to browse different websites in the Chrome browser. If you find this article helpful, please subscribe to our blog, comment below or follow us on our Forum.