In this article you will learn how to fix error 0x80042108 outlook is unable to connect to your incoming email server. You can configure multiple email accounts in multiple profiles in Microsoft Outlook and it is very useful to refer to your old emails without the Internet connection as well. When you have the active Internet connection, you can download all the emails and can refer them any time. Sometimes, you may encounter some issues in the Outlook resulting which it may prompt the send/receive error.
The error 0x80042108 Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming email server might occur due to the following reasons:
- If SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is enabled but not required.
- Anti-virus might be causing the issue.
- There might be some issue with the default gateway.
- If there are any bad sectors or corrupted files in the hard disk.
Resolution steps to fix error 0x80042108 outlook is unable to connect to your incoming email server:
Follow the below step by step resolution steps to fix error 0x80042108 outlook is unable to connect to your incoming email server. After performing each step, send a test email yourself to make sure that the Outlook send receive working fine without any error message.
Quick Note: Before making any changes in your computer, I suggest you to create a System Restore point, so that you can restore back your computer to previous working stat if something goes wrong.
Step 1: Check the email configuration settings
Incorrect email account settings can also cause the issues. We have listed some major Internet Service Providers settings (for manual configuration of Outlook)
- Click on the “Account Settings” under the “Tools” menu.
- Click on the “Email” and make a double click on the email address by which you are not able to send emails.
- Through double click other pop-up window will appear, now click on “More Settings buttons.
- Go to the Outgoing Server tab and select the “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” checkbox.
We recommend that you contact your Internet service provider (ISP) for information about the exact incoming and outgoing mail server names and settings that you should use when you configure your Internet email account in Outlook. The list provided here contains information only for some Internet service providers in the United States and may not be up to date.
Incoming Mail (POP3) server names and settings:
|Provider Name||Server Name||Port||SPA||SSL||AuthRequird|
|Qwest||pop.[enter state ID].qwest.net||110||OFF||OFF||OFF|
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) server names and settings:
|Provider Name||Server Name||Port||SPA||AuthRequired||Encryption|
|Qwest||pop.[enter state ID].qwest.net||25||OFF||OFF||None|
Step 2: Disable or uninstall anti-virus
Check your antivirus manufacturer’s website for additional suggestions or Disable the antivirus software. And Disable the firewall in router. If you found outlook is working fine after disable the antivirus software, highly recommended to uninstall the same using their removal tool and reinstall it.
Follow below links to disable, uninstall or reinstall antivirus software from your computer
- How to temporarily disable any antivirus firewall
- Remove-reinstall Norton anti-virus using Norton removal tool
- Completely uninstall AVG products
- Disable Windows Defender in Windows 8/10
- Turn Windows Defender on or off in Windows 8
- Turn Windows Defender on or off in Windows 7
List of manual antivirus uninstallers:
Click the link associated with the antivirus software currently installed on your system and follow the prompts or instructions on the website.
Once uninstallation is complete, you will need to restart your computer.
- CA Antivirus
- Comodo Internet Security
- Cyber Defender Early Detection Center
- Dr. Web : (Only registered Dr.Web users can access support content)
- FRISK F-PROT Antivirus for Windows
- G Data
- K7 Total Security
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Norman Virus Control/Norman Security Suite
- Norton (Symantec)
- Norton Security Scan
- Panda Cloud Internet Protection
- Pareto Logic
- Spybot Search & Destroy
- Total Defense Anti-Virus (formerly CA Anti-Virus)
- Trend Micro
- Trend Micro Titanium
- Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Agent
- Vipre (Sunbelt Software)
- Windows Defender
- Windows Live OneCare
- Windows Security Essentials
- Zone Alarm
Step 3: Create New Outlook Profile and Reconfigure email client
To fix the error 0x80042108 Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming email server, you can perform the below steps:
- Go to Control panel, Click on Mail Option.
- Click Show Profiles
- Click Add
- Type a name for your profile.
- Outlook 2007 and above versions support “AutoDiscovery“. This will set up your email account automatically. Enter your name, email address and password and Outlook will try to set up the profile. If it does not work, proceed with “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” and continue.
Refer below links to create Outlook Profile and Mail Configuration.
- Create Microsoft Outlook Profile and Mail Configuration
- Add Mail Account in Windows Mail and Calendar App
This article helps you to fix the error 0x80042108 outlook is unable to connect to your incoming email server when you try performing the send receive in Microsoft Outlook. For further support, leave comments or ask more on Forum.