About: Google Chrome error He’s dead, Jim!
This guide helps you to fix Google Chrome error He’s dead, Jim. Sometimes, when you are browsing the Internet in the Chrome browser, you might receive the Google Chrome error He’s dead, Jim. The error says that there is a problem with the browser, reloading or closing and reopening the web pages might help to overcome the error message. Most of the times, these simple troubleshooting steps didn’t help to fix Google Chrome error He’s dead, Jim. End users are getting frustrated with this error message as most of the Windows users prefer using the Chrome browser because of its faster and effective performance.
Why Google Chrome error He’s dead, Jim occurs?
This error occurs due to the following reasons:
- The web page was terminated unexpectedly. To continue, reload or go to another page.
- Either Chrome ran out of memory or the process for the web page was terminated for some other reason. To continue, reload or go to another page.
- Something caused this web page to be killed, either because the operating system ran out of memory, or for some other reason. To continue, reload or go to another page.
- Something went wrong while displaying this web page. To continue, reload or go to another page.
If you are really tired of fixing this error message from your computer, you are at the right place now. Follow these below step by step resolution steps in order to fix Google Chrome error he’s dead, Jim.
How to fix Google Chrome error He’s dead, Jim:
Note: Before performing the troubleshooting steps, we recommend you to create a System Restore point in the computer. So, if something goes wrong during the troubleshooting process, you can restore the computer back to previous state.
Before start the troubleshooting steps, you can just simply try reloading the webpage. Try to open a new tab and check if you can able to open other websites. If the other pages are opening fine, come back to the page in which the error is prompting and try reloading the page. If the error remains, then you can proceed with the below steps.
Step 1: Run Chrome cleanup tool.
The Google Chrome cleanup tool helps in scanning and removing software’s that may cause the problem with Chrome such as crashes, unusual startup pages or toolbars, unexpected ads you cannot get rid of, or, otherwise changing your browsing experience.
You can click here to download and Run the Chrome cleanup tool.
Step 2: Reset Google Chrome settings.
To reset Google Chrome settings, follow the below steps.
- Open Google Chrome browser, click on the three dots at the top right corner of the screen and click on Settings.
2. In the settings window, scroll down and click on Advanced option.
3. Again scroll down to the bottom and click on Reset column.
4. This would open a pop window asking you if you want to Reset, so click on Reset to continue.
This will reset the Google Chrome browser settings. Once it is done, close and open the Google Chrome browser and check if the issue with Google Chrome error He’s dead, Jim fixed. If not, you can proceed with the further troubleshooting steps.
Step 3: Temporarily disable Anti-virus and Windows Firewall.
There are a chances that, sometimes, Anti-virus program installed in the computer might cause the issue with Google Chrome error he’s dead, Jim. To make sure if the issue has occurred due to the Anti-virus program, you need to temporarily disable the Anti-virus and check the error message.
To disable the Anti-virus program:
- Right-click on the Anti-virus application from the system tray and click on Disable.
2. Next, select the time frame for which the Anti-virus will remain disabled. (You can choose the smallest time interval like 15 mins or 30 mins.)
3. It gives as warning message, just click on OK to proceed.
4. Now, try browsing the website and check if the Google Chrome error he’s dead, Jim resolved.
To disable the Windows Firewall:
- Press Windows logo + R keys on the keyboard to open RUN window, type Control and press enter.
2. This will open all control panel items. Click on System and Security.
3. Then click on Windows Firewall.
4. Now, on the left had side of the screen, click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
5. Select Turn off Windows Firewall and restart your PC. After rebooting your computer, check if the issue with Google Chrome error he’s dead, Jim resolved.
6. If the issue remains, you can follow the same steps to enable the Windows Firewall.
Step 4: Flush DNS cache.
To flush the DNS cache:
- Press Windows logo key, type cmd in the search box. Right click on the Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
2. Now, type the following commands each at a time and press enter.
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /renew
3. Again open Command Prompt with Admin permissions and type the following commands each at a time and press enter.
- ipconfig /flushdns
- nbtstat –r
- netsh int ip reset
- netsh winsock reset
4. Close the command prompt now and reboot the computer. Once after the reboot, check if the issue with Google Chrome error He’s dead, Jim resolved. If the issue remains, you can proceed with the further troubleshooting steps.
Step 5: Reinstall Google Chrome browser.
Make sure that the Chrome browser is closed completely. You can try opening the Task Manager and end if there are any Chrome processes running.
- Press Windows logo + R keys on the keyboard to open RUN window, copy and paste the below line and press enter.
2. Now, backup the Default folder to a different location and then delete this folder.
Note: All the saved bookmarks, history, data, cookies, cache and passwords saved in the browser will be saved in this folder, so make sure you are making a backup of this folder.
3. Type appwiz.cpl in the RUN window to open the list of all the installed applications window.
4. Search for Google Chrome and double click on it to uninstall.
5. Reboot the computer now and download Chrome browser from here and follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
6. Now, try to open the websites in which the Google Chrome error He’s dead, Jim was popping up and see if the issue is resolved.
How to avoid this error “Google Chrome error He’s dead, Jim”?
The issue with the Google Chrome error he’s dead, Jim occurs due to the various factors. By following the above troubleshooting steps, you can fix this issue. However, there are a chances that the virus infections affected to the system also can cause this issue. Optimize your computer to work faster and smoother. Do not install several Anti-virus applications, as they conflict each other and create issues in your computer. Make sure your Anti-virus program it up to date and working fine.
Hope this guide helped you to resolve “Google Chrome error He’s dead, Jim” issue. For further support, leave your comments or ask more on Forum.