Mouse pad / Touch pad / Track pad is not working on your laptop for some reasons. This guide will help How to Fix Laptop mouse pad-touch pad not working on Windows 10. As touch pad is not working in your computer, suggest you to connect external mouse to perform below troubleshooting steps. Still you can perform below steps using keyboard as well.
Note: Sometime when you connect external mouse, touch pad will be disabled automatically. You can unplug external mouse and check touch pad is working.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click the Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
How does it work?
This tool will scan and diagnose, then repairs, your PC with patent pending technology that fix your PC issues instantly.
What is meant by Touch pad / Track pad / Mouse pad: A touchpad or trackpad is a pointing device featuring a tactile sensor, a specialized surface that can translate the motion and position of a user’s fingers to a relative position on the operating system that is made output to the screen. Touchpads are a common feature of laptop computers.
Why touch pad / Track pad / Mouse pad is not working in your laptop?
You are facing Touch pad / Track pad / Mouse pad issue in your computer may be for following reasons:
- Touch Pad disabled in settings
- Touch pad hardware stopped working
- Faulty Touch drivers
- Operating system corrupted or not working properly.
Fix Laptop Mouse pad-Touchpad Not working on Windows 10
Quick Note: Before making any changes in your computer, I suggest you to create a System Restore point so that you can restore back your computer to previous working stat if something goes wrong.
Step 1: Enable touchpad in settings
- Press Windows + I keys together to launch Run Window
- Type as main.cpl in Run search box.
- Click on Device Settings tab > your device > Enable > Apply > OK.
Step 2: Windows 10 Installed an Incompatible Driver
During the Windows update process Windows might install incompatible drivers for touch pad. You can just rollback or reinstall drivers.
Learn how to rollback drivers in Windows 10.
- Press Windows + I to bring RUN command. Type as devmgmt.msc. Click OK.
- Expend Mice and Other Pointing devices.
- Right click on Pointing device. Click on Update Driver Software to update the software.
- Or right-click on your touchpad > Properties
Click Roll Back Driver and follow the onscreen procedure to return to your previously installed driver.
Step 3: Run Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.
Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter is Windows default hardware troubleshooter. You can follow below steps to run it.
- Press Windows Start button.
- Search for troubleshoot
- In Hardware and devices. Click on Run the troubleshooter.
- Follow on screen instructions to complete the hardware and devices troubleshooter.
Step 4: Download and Reinstall the Touch pad drivers.
You can download and reinstall the correct touch pad drivers from your computer manufacturer website. How download drivers from manufacturer’s website.
Here are major computer manufacturers from where you can download drivers for your computer.
Hope you are able to fix Laptop mouse pad-touchpad not working on Windows 10. If not the issue may be with touch pad hardware itself. Contact your computer manufacturer for further support. Before that you can try installing operating system to make sure Operating system is not causing the issues.
- Refresh your computer without erasing the data.
- Clean Reset your computer
- Learn more about Windows 10.