You may notice no sound after unplugging headphones in Windows 10 from your computer. There are various factors that cause sound not working in Windows 10 when you unplug your headphones from the jack port. The no sound issues may be caused by some software or programs, incorrectly audio configuration (Wrong Speaker selected), disabled services, faulty sound drivers, or etc. You can read the content below for solutions to fix no sound after unplugging headphones in Windows 10.
Fix No Sound after Unplugging Headphones in Windows 10
Quick note: Before making any changes in your computer, I suggest you to create a System Restore point so that you can restore back your computer to previous working stat if something goes wrong.
Step 1: Test speakers with known good computers.
- Re-plug all speakers’ connections. Make sure jack and power card connections are fine.
- Desktop computers – Test speakers with other working computer.
- Laptop computers – Plug any working speakers to your laptop to make sure laptop internal speakers are not working.
Steps 2: Check and manage sound settings.
- Unplug headphones jack from computer audio port.
Right click on the speaker icon on task bar. ( Locate it on bottom right corner next to time display) Click on Open Sound Settings
Select your speaker from Choose your output device drop down list. (As there is chance that Headphone or other audio devices here cause the issues, only select your Speakers.
Press Start type Sound click enter. Click on Speaker Properties. Select Use this device (enable) from Device Usage drop down.
Step 3: Configure and Test Speakers.
Configure and test speakers as shown in the image. When you click on Test you should here sound from your speakers. If yes no sound after unplugging headphones in Windows 10 issues is fixed. If not continue with below steps.
Step 4: Roll back Audio drivers and reinstall audio drivers or Restore your Windows to previous working condition.
- Press Windows + R. Type devmgmt.msc in run command.
- Find Audio drivers. Roll back the drivers if available. Reinstall the drivers if Roll back not available. Learn How to roll back drivers in Windows 10
Do you remember since when you are facing no sound after unplugging headphones in Windows 10 issues on your computer? Is it recently? Than you restore your computer to previous working condition.
- Press Start and type rstrui.exe press enter.
Click on Choose a different restore point
- Select the Date that when your computer was working fine. Click on Next.
- Click on Finish to initiate system restore and reboot computer. It may take couple of minutes. Sit back and relax.
- Once computer reboots. Please some music and test your speakers.
Hope above simple steps fixes the issues. If not please download the audio drivers install on your computer. For further support leave comments or ask more on Forum.