Windows Users are familiar with the blue screen issues. There are several factors causing the Blue screen crash in the computer. ntkrnlmp.exe blue screen error is also most commonly seen crash in the Windows 10 computers. If you are facing this BSOD on your computer, then you are at the right place. Follow the simple steps from this article and get your computer work normally.
What is ntkrnlmp.exe blue screen error?
ntkrnlmp.exe is an executable file associated with Windows Operating System. When Windows Operating System starts running in your computer, the programs that contain ntkrnlmp.exe will be executed and loaded into RAM and runs there as a NT Kernel & System process.
The blue screen of death error associated with this error is CRITICAL PROCESS DIED. When the graphics driver in the computer get corrupted, the issue with the ntkrnlmp.exe blue screen error occurs. The issue might also occur when the computer is affected with the virus and malware infections and prevent the computer to work normally.
How to fix ntkrnlmp.exe blue screen error?
Before performing the below troubleshooting steps, if you have a habit of creating the System Restore point, you can try performing the System Restore to an earlier point and check if the issue gets fix. To know more about the System Restore, click on the below link.
If the System Restore doesn’t fix the issue, you can proceed with the below resolution steps and try fixing the ntkrnlmp.exe blue screen error on your computer.
You can try the below resolution steps one by one to fix the issue with ntkrnlmp.exe blue screen error.
- Update Graphics Card Driver.
- Disable C-states and EIST in BIOS.
- Check for virus and malware infections.
- Configure Driver Verifier Manager.
To perform the above steps, you need to logon to the computer. There are chances that, due to the blue screen crash, the computer might not turn on or crashes regularly, you can try booting the computer to Safe Mode and continue working on the issues.
As discussed earlier, the corrupted or faulty Graphics Card Driver might cause the issue with ntkrnlmp.exe blue screen error on your computer. You can try updating the Graphics Card Driver in the computer. To perform the same, follow the below resolution steps.
- Press Windows logo + R keys on the keyboard to open RUN window, type devmgmt.msc and press enter to open Device Manager.
- Check for the Display Driver and expand it. It will display the Graphics Driver installed on your computer.
3. Right click on the Graphics driver and select the option Update Driver.
4. On the Update Driver window, select the option Search automatically for updated driver software.
5. If no updates detected, you can refer the Graphics Driver manufacturer’s website, download the updated driver and install it in your computer.
After updating the Graphics Driver on your computer, reboot your computer once and check if the issue with the ntkrnlmp.exe blue screen error got fixed. If the issue remains, you can proceed with the further troubleshooting steps.
Intel EIST (Enhanced Intel Speed Step Technology) is a power-saving feature. It allows software to control the clock speed of Intel processor cores. If this feature is enabled, it’s likely to cause the blue screen ntkrnlmp.exe. So, you can disable C-states and EIST in BIOS to resolve the issue.
Follow the below resolution step to perform the same:
- Turn OFF your computer and turn it ON again.
- At the start up, Press either F2 key or DEL key (Depends on the computer manufacturer) continuously to boot to BIOS.
- When the BIOS SetUp Utility appears, go to using the arrow keys, go to Advanced menu and then go to CPU configuration.
4. Next click on CPU Power Management Configuration.
5. Set C-state and Intel EIST disabled.
6. Save the changes, exit the BIOS and boot to the desktop.
Hopefully, this will fix the issue with the ntkrnlmp.exe blue screen error on your computer. If the issue remains, you can proceed with the further troubleshooting steps.
The issue with the ntkrnlmp.exe blue screen error also occurs if the computer is affected with the virus and the malware Trojans. So, it is important to remove all the infections from the computer and make sure that the computer is secured.
If you have purchased any Anti-virus application, perform the full System Scan and remove the detected infections.
You can also perform the clean boot and check if the issue gets fixed. Learn how to perform a Clean Boot on Windows 10 computers.
If the issue remains even after removing the virus infections from the computer, proceed with the further resolution steps.
Driver Verifier manages kernel-mode drivers and your graphics drivers, and it helps to detect any driver issues in your system and provide available solutions for the issues.
To configure the Driver Verifier Manager, follow the below resolution steps.
- Press Windows logo key, in the search bar, type CMD. Then right click on the Command Prompt and select the option Run as Administrator.
2. In the Command Prompt, type Verifier and press enter.
3. This will bring up Driver Verifier Manager. Select Create standard settings and click Next.
4. Click Automatically select all drivers installed on this computer. Then click Finish to start the verification.
5. Click OK and restart your computer.
6. Once complete, you will have a report about the driver status in your computer. Then follow the provided solutions to fix it.
To stop Driver Verifier process, follow the below steps:
- Launch Driver Verifier Manager from the Command prompt from the above steps.
- Select Delete existing settings option from the screen and click on Finish.
3. Click Yes and reboot your computer.
For more information about the Driver Verifier, check this Microsoft Link.
This should fix the issue with the ntkrnlmp.exe blue screen error on your computer and your computer should start working fine without any system crashes.
Hope the above troubleshooting steps helps you in fixing the issue with ntkrnlmp.exe blue screen error on your Windows 10 computers and your computer will work fine without any further crashes. If you find this helpful, do comments below or you can also ask more on our Forum.