In this guide, you will learn how to fix outlook error 0x800ccc00 authentication did not load. This outlook error usually occurs when the outlook .pst file is corrupted. When the outlook error 0x800ccc00 authentication did not load prompts, you won’t be able to access the email, contacts, calendar events etc. The Outlook repair tool can recover damaged/deleted .pst files or the data.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
The error also occurs due to the following reasons as well:
- The first possible reason behind this error message is the username and password you provided while signing in your Outlook account did not match with the username and password stored in the database.
- Another reason for the specified error message can be the corruption of user’s account due to which Outlook cannot authenticate your identity and generates the above-mentioned error message.
Follow the below resolution steps to fix outlook error 0x800ccc00 authentication did not load.
Quick Note: Before making any changes in your computer, I suggest you to create a System Restore point so that you can restore back your computer to previous working stat if something goes wrong.
Recommendation: Before performing the below steps with .pst file, it is strongly recommended to take the backup of the same.
Step 1: Run Inbox Repair Tool (Scanpst.exe).
Quick Note: You may need to run the scanpst.exe file several times (5-8). Keep doing this until it says that no errors were found in the file.
To run the Inbox Repair Tool, follow these steps:
- Make sure Outlook is closed.
- Make sure that the Show hidden files and folders option is enabled in your Folder options. The file scanpst.exe is a hidden file, so you need this setting to be enabled to locate it.To check this setting, follow these steps:
- Click Start, then Control panel.
- Double-click Folder options, and then switch to the View tab.
- Under Hidden files and folders, make sure the Show hidden files and folders option is selected, and then click Ok.
- Click Start, and then click Search.
- In the search box, type scanpst.exe. If you cannot find the scanpst.exe file using Search, try to locate the file manually. Check the following locations for the file (location depends on which version of Windows you are using):
Default .PST files location in Windows Computer.
64-bit Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10
- drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE16
- drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE15
- drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE14
- drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12
32-bit Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10
- drive:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16
- drive:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
- drive:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
- drive:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
Double-click the scanpst.exe file to open the program. Click Browse to locate the corrupted .pst file.
By default the .pst files can be located in the following folders:
- drive:\Users\<username>\Documents\Outlook Files
- drive:\Users\<username>\My Documents\Outlook Files
- drive:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook.
Click Start. The Inbox Repair Tool scans the file and reports whether it found any errors. Click Repair if any errors were found and click on OK.
Learn more about Outlook PST files
- Automatic Inbox Repair Tool for Outlook 2013
- Automatic Inbox Repair Tool for Other versions of Outlook
- How to locate, move, or back up your .pst file.
Note: The Inbox Repair Tool cannot repair every problem that is detected. In some cases, items may not be recovered if they were permanently deleted or corrupted beyond repair.
Step 2: Disable or uninstall anti-virus.
Check your antivirus manufacturer’s website for additional suggestions or Disable the antivirus software. And Disable the firewall in router. If you found outlook is working fine after disable the antivirus software, highly recommended to uninstall the same using their removal tool and reinstall it.
Follow below links to disable, uninstall or reinstall antivirus software from your computer
- How to temporarily disable any antivirus firewall
- Remove-reinstall Norton anti-virus using Norton removal tool
- Completely uninstall AVG products
- Disable Windows Defender in Windows 8/10
- Turn Windows Defender on or off in Windows 8
- Turn Windows Defender on or off in Windows 7
List of manual antivirus uninstallers:
Click the link associated with the antivirus software currently installed on your system and follow the prompts or instructions on the website.
Once uninstall is complete, you will need to restart your computer.
- CA Antivirus
- Comodo Internet Security
- Cyber Defender Early Detection Center
- Dr. Web : (Only registered Dr.Web users can access support content)
- FRISK F-PROT Antivirus for Windows
- G Data
- K7 Total Security
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Norman Virus Control/Norman Security Suite
- Norton (Symantec)
- Norton Security Scan
- Panda Cloud Internet Protection
- Pareto Logic
- Spybot Search & Destroy
- Total Defense Anti-Virus (formerly CA Anti-Virus)
- Trend Micro
- Trend Micro Titanium
- Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Agent
- Vipre (Sunbelt Software)
- Windows Defender
- Windows Live OneCare
- Windows Security Essentials
- Zone Alarm
Step 3: Create New Outlook Profile and Reconfigure email client.
The Outlook Error 0x800CCC00 Authentication did not load can also be fixed by creating a new Outlook profile or re configuring the email client. To do that:
- Go to Control panel, Click on Mail Option.
- Click Show Profiles
- Click Add
- Type a name for your profile.
- Outlook 2007 and above versions support “AutoDiscovery“. This will set up your email account automatically. Enter your name, email address and password and Outlook will try to set up the profile. If it does not work, proceed with “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” and continue.
Refer below links to create Outlook Profile and Mail Configuration.
- Create Microsoft Outlook Profile and Mail Configuration
- Add Mail Account in Windows Mail and Calendar App
By following the above step by step resolution steps, you can fix outlook error 0x800ccc00 authentication did not load and the .pst file will be recovered back. Then you can be able to launch Outlook and the send/receive will work without any errors. For further support, leave comments or ask more on Forum.