Most commonly you may see this printer error 0x8007007E on Microsoft Edge browser. As users reported on Microsoft community here, printer is not working after Windows update or upgrade 1809 only on Microsoft Edge browser. When you try to print web pages from Edge browsers, it shows error 0x8007007E. As a simple temporary alternative fix, you can use Chrome or Firefox browsers to print web pages. You can download Chrome here, Firefox here. In case if you are unable to print anywhere from your computer, you have to troubleshoot printer. This guide will help you with to resolve printer error printer error 0x8007007E. We have replicated this issue in our lab and listed few possible strategies to resolve the printer issue.
RECOMMENDED: Fix this issue in 3 simple steps. Takes only 2 minutes.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
What is causing the printer error 0x8007007E?
After the recent updates this printer issue started. As Windows updates had updated printer drivers also which are actually not compatible with latest version of Windows operating system. If this is the case you may have to reinstall the printer drivers and software. It’s highly recommended to download printer drivers and software from their manufacturer website and install it.
How to fix printer error 0x8007007E on Windows 10.
Quick Note: Before making any changes in your computer, we suggest you to create a System Restore point, so that you can restore back your computer to previous working state if something goes wrong.
Step 1: Check for Windows updates
As Microsoft is aware of this issue, they may release update to fix this issue. Check for Windows updates, make sure your computer is up to date. To do that.
- Press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.
- Click on Updates & Security.
- Click on Check for Updates and install the updates if detected.
- After the Windows updates installation, reboot the computer, and check if everything working fine now.
Step 2: Reinstall printer drivers and software.
Existing incompatible printer drivers and software should be removed and reinstall the printer with latest drivers and software. Always download printer drivers from their manufacturer website. Few are listed below. List of printer companies.
- HP printer drivers and software manufacturer website.
- Brother printer drivers manufacturer website
- Samsung printer driver manufacturer website.
- Canon printer driver manufacturer website.
- Epson printer drivers manufacturer website
How to install printers on Windows 10
Refer below guides to learn more about printer installation.
- How to add or install the PDF printer in Windows 10
- Add a Printer via a Standard TCP/IP Port-Print Server
- How to Install USB Wired Printer in Windows 10
- How to install Hp Wireless printer in Windows 10
- USB ports not working after Windows 10 update
For further support comment below for post your questions in Forum