FltMgr.sys is Windows Core operating system files. It official called as Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager. It makes sure the Operating systems files, Drivers are written to the hard disk drive are present, correct and working fine (not corrupted). You get Fltmgr.sys error when Windows is unable to communicate with hard drives files to execute Windows tasks. Due to this hard disk drive may stop working and you may see System service exception fltmgr.sys blue screen error as shown in the below image. This guide helps to fix System service exception fltmgr.sys blue screen error in your computer.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click the Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
How does it work?
This tool will scan and diagnose, then repairs, your PC with patent pending technology that fix your PC issues instantly.
Probably cause of System service exception fltmgr.sys blue screen error
System service exception fltmgr.sys blue screen error occurs when software or hardware failed to execute the task.
- Newly installed not compatible hardware.
- Faulty hardware present in computer
- Faulty drives present in computer
- Windows operating system files are faulty or corrupted.
- Newly installed software or applications are not compatible.
How to Fix System service exception fltmgr.sys blue screen error
Quick Note: Before making any changes in your computer, I suggest you to create a System Restore point so that you can restore back your computer to previous working stat if something goes wrong.
Step 1: Reboot the computer in Safe mode.
By rebooting your computer in safe mode, we can load only basic drives and default software’s. Observe your computer in safe mode for few moments to make sure computer is not rebooting in safe mode. And it is only rebooting when it’s in normal mode. Usually anti-virus or corrupted graphics drives cause blue screen error. Hence let us go ahead and reinstall both.
On previous versions of Windows such as Windows 7, at the beginning of the boot, you’re able to press the F8 key to access the Advanced Boot Options menu, where you can enable Safe Mode. But on Windows 10, the F8 key doesn’t work anymore because the start procedure became faster than ever before. However, that doesn’t mean that Windows 10 has no Safe Mode. It’s just that to get to it you have to follow other procedures from this link : Learn how to reboot your computer in safe mode.
Uninstall graphics drives using official removal tools.
Download graphics driver’s uninstallation tools from below link. And run them to remove graphics drivers.
- AMD/ ATI Driver Uninstaller: http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/downloads.html
- NVIDIA Driver Uninstaller: http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/downloads.html
- Alternate link for both drivers Uninstaller: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
Download and reinstall graphics drives from official website.
You can reinstall graphics drives after removing antivirus software.
- Automatically detect NVIDIA Driver: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx?lang=en-us
- Automatically detect AMD/ATI Driver: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool
Here are major computer manufacturers from where you can download drivers for your computer.
Uninstall anti-virus software using official removal tools.
Find your antivirus from below guide to download and remove them.
- Temporarily disable any antivirus firewall
- Remove-reinstall Norton anti-virus using Norton removal tool
- How to Completely uninstall AVG products
Once you removed anti – virus from your computer using above removal tools. Please restart your computer in normal mode and Download and reinstall graphics drivers from above links. Hope your computer is working fine without rebooting now. If not continue with step 2.
Step 2: Repair bad sectors in hard disk drive
To run it from Command Prompt, here are the instructions:
- Press Windows key to open the Start Menu
- Select Search
- Type-in CMD
- Right-click on Command Prompt from the search results list
- Right Click and Run as administrator
- In command prompt type as below.
- chkdsk C: /f /r /x
The parameters for this command are:
/f option will attempt to fix any found errors
/r option will locate for bad sectors and recovery any readable information
/x option will force the volume you’re about to check to be dismounted before the utility begins a scan
If the C: drive is in use, type Y to run a scan at your PC’s next restart. If so, exit Command Prompt and restart the computer.
Step 3: Repair or refresh your computer.
If case corrupted operating system files are corrupted, still you face System service exception fltmgr.sys blue screen error in your computer. Hence please go ahead and repair or reinstall your computer.
Note: As I said above faulty hardware also can cause the issues. Remove or replace if you have reinstalled any hardware’s. Before you proceed with repair or reinstall make you have taken your computer data back into external drive as reinstall will erase your computer completely.
Hope you were able to fix the issues by following this guide. If you still getting System service exception fltmgr.sys blue screen error than it should related faulty hardware. You may have to contact your computer manufacturer for further support. Comment below or ask more in our Forum