Win32kbase.sys blue screen error occurs when Win32kbase.sys files is missing, corrupted in system32 folder. If you are getting Win32kbase.sys blue screen error be ready to repair Windows system files or reinstall recently installed hardware or drivers. This guide helps you to fix Win32kbase.sys blue screen error on Windows 10 computers.
RECOMMENDED: Fix this issue in 3 simple steps. Takes only 2 minutes.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
What is Win32kbase.sys?
Win32kbase.sys is a part of Windows system configuration files. It is pre-loaded on Windows operating system. It helps Windows to communicate with installed hardware’s to the computer. If this file is corrupted, missing or not present, results Win32kbase.sys blue screen error.
Problems or questions? Save time and get personal support. Ask your question!
Win32kbase.sys blue screen error Symptoms,
- “A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. The problem seems to be caused by the following file: Win32kbase.sys.”
- “:( Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some info, and then we’ll restart for you. If you would like to know more, you can search online later for this error: win32kbase.sys.”
- “STOP 0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_EQUAL – win32kbase.sys”
- “STOP 0x0000001E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED – win32kbase.sys”
- “STOP 0×00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA – win32kbase.sys”
What causing Win32kbase.sys blue screen
- Bad sectors on Hard disk drive: If hard disk has bad sectors, it does not allow Windows or ataport.sys files to execute the tasks.
- Windows systems files are corrupted: As said above if Windows system configuration ataport.sys file missing or corrupted, still you see the blue screen error.
- Faulty graphics drivers or hardware: If PCI graphics hardware is corrupted, still you may get the error. Faulty graphics drivers also can cause the issue.
- Recently installed drivers are not compatible: When you install or upgrade new hardware’s on your computer, you should check if the hardware is compatible with your computer or result will be blue screen error. If this is case you may have to replace the hardware.
- Recently installed hardware’s not compatible: If Windows updates installs faulty drivers or the hardware drivers is not compatible with Windows, still you see the blue screen error. Hence it is recommended to download and install driver from hardware manufacturer website.
- Faulty Anti-Virus: Faulty anti-Virus software change system files permission, where it does not all files to perform their task as a result you see ataport.sys blue screen error.
Quick Note: Before making any changes in your computer, I suggest you to create a System Restore point so that you can restore back your computer to previous working stat if something goes wrong.
Step 1: Faulty RAM (Random access memory).
Usually when RAM triggers read and write error you see Win32kbase.sys blue screen error. Let us first diagnose the RAM. Windows 7 includes built-in features to help you identify and diagnose problems with memory. You can run the Windows Memory Diagnostics utility by completing the following steps:
- Click Start, type mdsched.exe in the Search box, and then press Enter.
- Choose whether to restart the computer and run the tool immediately or schedule the tool to run at the next restart.
- Windows Memory Diagnostics runs automatically after the computer restarts and performs a standard memory test automatically. If you want to perform fewer or more tests, press F1, use the Up and Down arrow keys to set the Test Mix as Basic, Standard, or Extended, and then press F10 to apply the desired settings and resume testing.
- When testing completed, the computer restarts automatically. You will see the test results when you log on.
Note: that if a computer crashes because of failing memory, and Windows Memory Diagnostics detects this, the system will prompt you to schedule a memory test the next time the computer restarted. In addition, you may have to replace RAM memory to get rid of it. Source.
Step 2: Repair System files Run System File Checker (SFC scan)
SFC is stand for System files checker. It is very useful tool in Windows. It can repair Windows files like DLL and services.
- Press Windows key to open the Start Menu.
- Type as command prompt or cmd in the search field.
- Right-click on Command Prompt. Select Run as Administrator.
- Enter the password if asked.
- Type as sfc /scannow on command prompt.
- Reboot the computer once it is completed 100%.
Step 3: Repair errors or bad sectors in hard disk drive.
CHKDSK is a Windows utility that can check the integrity of your hard disk and can fix various file system errors. To run it from Command Prompt, here are the instructions:
- Press Windows key to open the Start Menu
- Select Search
- Type-in CMD
- Right-click on Command Prompt from the search results list
- Right Click and Run as administrator
- In command, prompt type as below.
- chkdsk C: /f /r /x
The parameters for this command are:
- /f option will attempt to fix any found errors
- /r option will locate for bad sectors and recovery any readable information
- /x option will force the volume you’re about to check to be dismounted before the utility begins a scan
- If the C: drive is in use, type Y to run a scan at your PC’s next restart. If so, exit Command Prompt and restart the computer.
Step 4: Disable or uninstall anti-virus.
Check your antivirus manufacturer’s website for additional suggestions or Disable the antivirus software. And Disable the firewall in router. If you found outlook is working fine after disable the antivirus software, highly recommended to uninstall the same using their removal tool and reinstall it.
Follow below links to disable, uninstall or reinstall antivirus software from your computer
- How to temporarily disable any antivirus firewall
- Remove-reinstall Norton anti-virus using Norton removal tool
- Completely uninstall AVG products
- Disable Windows Defender in Windows 8/10
- Turn Windows Defender on or off in Windows 8
- Turn Windows Defender on or off in Windows 7
- List of Antivirus removal tools or uninstallers
For any further help, leave comments or ask more on Forum.