Windows Updates errors are very familiar with the Windows Users and when you try to install the updates, you may receive several errors. One of the most commonly seen error in Windows 10 computers is error 0x80070006. So, when you try searching for the Updates in Windows 10 computers, the computer instead of searching for the updates, prompts the error 0x80070006.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click the Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
How does it work?
This tool will scan and diagnose, then repairs, your PC with patent pending technology that fix your PC issues instantly.
The issue with the Windows Update error 0x80070006 occurs if there is any issue in the Windows Update components. So, there are few simple troubleshooting steps to overcome this error code and let your Windows 10 computer run properly without any error messages.
How to fix Windows Update error 0x80070006?
Quick Note: Before making any changes in the computer, we suggest you create a System Restore Point, so that you can restore back your computer to previous working state if something goes wrong.
Follow the below resolution steps to fix the issue with the Windows Update error 0x80070006. Check if the issue got fixed after performing each troubleshooting steps. If the issue remains, you can proceed with the further troubleshooting steps.
Step 1: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter to fix error 0x80070006.
Before you perform troubleshoot make sure, you logged in to Administrator account. If the Windows update troubleshooter does not work. Perform clean boot, reboot the computer and try again.
- On start menu search for troubleshoot. Click on troubleshoot.
2. Find Windows update. Click on Run the troubleshooter. Follow on screen instructions.
Note: You can also download Windows update troubleshooter from Windows Official website here.
Step 2: Reset Windows Update components.
This error usually occurs when the Windows Update components got corrupted. It has mostly occurred in the computers that upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and 8.1 instead of performing a system clean installation.
The first thing you can try in order to resolve this issue is resetting the update components. You can do that by following these instructions:
- Click on Start button, type cmd in the search box, when the command prompt appears, right click on it and select the option Run as Administrator.
- In the command line type the following commands, and press Enter after each command:
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop appidsvc
net stop cryptsvc
3. After disabling the required services, you should delete some files from the C drive in a folder.
4. To do that, in the command line, type the following command and press Enter:
5. After that, type the below command and press enter.
cd /d %windir%\system32
6. After that run this batch script, which can help you in fixing various kinds of issues related to Windows Update. This script can be used in all Windows versions.
7. Once it is completed, restart Winshock with this command and press ENTER: netsh winsock reset
8. After that, you need to restart all the stopped services. To do that, type each below command and press enter.
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start appidsvc
net start cryptsvc
9. Now, close the command prompt, restart your computer and try installing the Updates.
This should resolve the Windows Update error 0x80070006 in your computer. If the error persists, follow with the further resolution steps.
Step 3: Disable Anti-virus or Firewall software.
Faulty or corrupted anti-virus software also can Windows update error 0x80070006 issues. Perform as below to make sure anti-virus is not causing the issue. If Windows update error 0x80070006 is working after disabling anti-virus software, you may need to reinstall anti-virus software.
Step 4: Reset or Refresh Windows 10.
Refresh or Reset your computer to re-register all Windows files. It will reset your computer settings to Windows default.
- Refresh Windows 10 without erasing data.
- Clean reset Windows 10.
- Clean install Windows 10 from USB bootable media.
The above steps help you in fixing the Windows Update error in the computer and allow you to install the further updates without any issues.
Hope the above troubleshooting steps help you in fixing the Windows Update error 0x80070006 and allow you installing the Windows Updates without any issues. If you find this article helpful, do reply in comments or follow us on Forum.