This guide help you to fix Windows 10 Upgrade Error 8007001F – 0x3000D on Windows 10/ 8.1/8 and Windows 7 operating systems. When you try to upgrade Windows 10 version 1809 through media creation tool, upgrades stops in the middle of the installation and revert back to the previous Windows version. This topic also discussed and resolved in Microsoft community here.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click the Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
How does it work?
This tool will scan and diagnose, then repairs, your PC with patent pending technology that fix your PC issues instantly.
Quick Note: Before you start upgrading Windows 10 1809 version unplug all external devices, except mouse and key board. Unplug printer, scanners, hard disk drives, cameras, etc. Also disable anti-virus software. Refer below guides.
Follow below links to disable, uninstall or reinstall antivirus software from your computer
- How to temporarily disable any antivirus firewall
- Remove-reinstall Norton anti-virus using Norton removal tool
- Completely uninstall AVG products
- Disable Windows Defender in Windows 8/10
- Turn Windows Defender on or off in Windows 8
- Turn Windows Defender on or off in Windows 7
What is causing the Windows 10 Upgrade Error 8007001F – 0x3000D
When Windows completing the installation and migrating the user profiles, this error appears FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation, if Windows is unable to update user profiles. This is usually happens due to insufficient registry permission for user profiles in registry and multiple duplicate user profiles, Also if you are on domain network. In case if you are on domain network take help of your computer Administrator.
How to Fix Windows 10 Upgrade Error 8007001F – 0x3000D
Quick Note: Before making any changes in your computer, we suggest you to create a System Restore point, so that you can restore back your computer to previous working state if something goes wrong.
Step 1: Delete Duplicate user profiles.
- Press Windows + R key to bring Run command
- Type as regedit press enter.
- Navigate this path : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\ CurrentVersion\ProfileList
- You have to delete invalid or duplicate profiles here. Refer the below guide for step by step instructions.
Note: Back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer the following Microsoft Knowledge Base: How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.
Step 2: Reset Windows permissions to default.
Check this guide to learn how to run SUBCL and reset Windows files and permissions on Windows 10.
Step 3: Refresh or Reset Windows 10.
Refresh or Reset your computer to reregister all Windows files. It will reset your computer settings to Windows default.
- Refresh Windows 10 without erasing data.
- Clean reset Windows 10
- Clean install Windows 10 from USB bootable media.
Learn more about Windows 10 version 1809 errors.
- Windows 10 version 1809 update error 0x80070005
- Windows 10 version 1809 update error 0x80004005-0x1000A
- Windows 10 version 1809 update error 0x8007001F-0x20006
- Updates failed Windows 10 version 1809 error 0x80246019
- Start menu and Taskbar icons not working after 1809 update
- Sticky notes keeps crashing after 1809 update
- Windows Hello Couldn’t turn on camera after 1809 update
- Windows hello not working after 1809 update
- Touchscreen issue after version 1809 Windows update
- After Windows update version 1809 files missing
- Windows 10 update version 1809 available for download
- After Windows 10 version 1809 update Settings App not opening
- How to install Windows 10 update version 1809
- Start menu button not working on Windows 10
That’s it. Leave your comments or ask more on Forum.