Error 0x80072F8F usually occurs when the system time and date is incorrect. It is highly recommended to set system time and date correctly as several functions on Windows depending on it. For example Windows updates, Internet browsers, Microsoft Store Apps, Microsoft installer services and other real-time web applications always required system date and time to be set correct. Since the Incorrect date and time is the primary suspect for the error 0x80072F8F, few tasks as described above may not work properly. Mainly Windows updates, Windows Store Apps and Windows activation may not work as expected. Refer and Learn How to change date and time, set alarm in Windows 10. In this guide let me show you how to fix Windows update error 0x80072F8F in few simple steps.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click the Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
How does it work?
This tool will scan and diagnose, then repairs, your PC with patent pending technology that fix your PC issues instantly.
- Windows Updates may not download and install ( Check forum discussion : Windows Update error 0x80072F8F)
- Windows Activation does not work or you see error 0x80072F8F while activating Windows. Check this link for more info activation errors on Windows 10
- Microsoft Store apps does not download and connect to internet.
How to fix Windows Update error 0x80072F8F
Quick note: Before making any changes in your computer, I suggest you to create a System Restore point, so that you can restore back your computer to previous working state if something goes wrong.
Verify Date and Time.
To verify date and time, select the Start button, then select Settings > Time & language > Date & time. Refer and Learn How to change date and time, set alarm in Windows 10
Disable proxy settings.
- Press Windows key + I to open Settings app.
- Click on Network & Internet
- Turn on Automatically detect Settings
- Scroll down to Manual Proxy setup, Turn off Use a proxy server. Now open Edge browser check if the issue Microsoft Edge browser cannot connect to the internet is fixed. If not continue with below steps.
Reset Windows updates components
To reset Windows Update components, follow the below resolution steps.
- Navigate the path: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download. (assuming Windows installed in C drive, if not navigate the root path)
- Select all files inside the SoftwareDistribution and delete them permanently.
- Next, Empty the Recycle Bin and try to install updated now.
- Run this batch script, which can help you in fixing various kinds of issues related to Windows Update. This script can be used in all Windows versions. Batch File to Reset Windows Update.
Disable or Uninstall Anti-Virus Software.
Follow below links to disable, uninstall or reinstall antivirus software from your computer
- How to temporarily disable any antivirus firewall
- Remove-reinstall Norton anti-virus using Norton removal tool
- Completely uninstall AVG products
- Disable Windows Defender in Windows 8/10
- Turn Windows Defender on or off in Windows 8
- Turn Windows Defender on or off in Windows 7
Run DISM tool.
- Follow the below steps to run the DISM tool in your computer.
- Press Windows logo, in the search bar, type cmd. Command Prompt option will appear. Right click on it and select the option Run as Administrator.
- When you’re inside the Command Prompt, type in the following commands, and press Enter on your keyboard after each command, in order to execute it. Make sure you wait for the first command to finish running before you start with the second one.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Now, wait for the second command to finish, and close the Command Prompt by either clicking the X in the corner, or by typing in exit and pressing. Once it is done, reboot your computer and try installing the Windows Updates. Hopefully, the updates will install fine this time without any errors.
Refresh or Reset Windows 10.
If the above troubleshooting steps didn’t work, you can try performing the System Refresh or Reset to re-register all Windows files. It will reset your computer settings to Windows default.
- Refresh Windows 10 without erasing data.
- Clean reset Windows 10
- Clean install Windows 10 from USB bootable media.
For any further help, leave comments or ask more on Forum.