Windows Update error is the most familiar term for the Windows users. Users often encounter the issues with the Update errors. There are different reasons for the Update errors to occur. Recently, few users encountered an issue with Windows Update error 0xc1900130 while installing the Updates on Windows computers.
RECOMMENDED: Fix this issue in 3 simple steps. Takes only 2 minutes.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
The error message appears as:
There were problems installing some updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: error 0xc1900130.
What factors causing the Widows Update error 0xc1900130?
As per our research, factors causing the Windows Update error 0xc1900130 are:
- Internet disruption.
- Faulty or corrupted Windows Update components.
- Third party Anti-Virus interference and many more.
If you are facing the issue with Windows Update error 0xc1900130 on your computer, this guide provides you the proper resolution to fix the Update issue and get the things work properly.
How to fix Windows Update error 0xc1900130?
Follow the below resolution steps one by one and check if the issue gets fix after each step. If the issue remains, you can proceed with the further resolution steps.
Rename or delete SoftwareDistribution folder:
This process can also be called as resetting Windows Update components. In this process, all the old Windows Update related files saved in the SoftwareDistribution folder will be deleted. This process will fix most of the Windows Update related issues.
Refer the below steps to perform the same.
- Press Windows logo + R keys on keyboard to open RUN window. Type services.msc and hit enter. It will open the Services window.
2. Search and locate Windows Update service. Right click on it and select the option Stop.
3. Now, navigate to the location C:\Windows. Search and locate the SoftwareDistribution folder. Right click on it and Delete it.
4. If it prompts any error, try renaming the folder. You can rename it to SoftwareDistribution.old.
5. After that, download the below batch script to reset Windows Update components on your computer.
Once after performing the above steps, reboot your computer and try installing the updates. I hope that it will work fine. If the error remains, you can continue with the further resolution steps.
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter to fix error 0xc1900130:
You can fix most of the Windows Update errors by running the Windows in-built tool called Windows Update Troubleshooter. Refer the below steps to run update troubleshooter on Windows 10 computers.
- Click on Windows icon, type Troubleshoot in search bar and select the option Troubleshoot settings.
2. Search and locate Windows update. Expand it and click on Run the troubleshooter.
3. It will start detecting the problems. If found any, it will try fixing them automatically.
After completing this process, reboot your computer and try installing the Updates. Windows Updates should work fine this time without the error 0xc1900130. If the error remains, you can continue with the further steps.
Disable/Uninstall Anti-Virus program:
As stated above, faulty or the corrupted security program on your computer may cause the Windows Update error 0xc1900130. In this case, we suggest you try disabling your Anti-Virus program or the Windows Firewall temporarily and see if the Update works fine.
If the Windows Updates start working fine after disabling, you can try reinstalling the Anti-Virus program on your computer.
Refer the below links to perform the required tasks.
Download and install updates manually:
If the automatic updates and the above troubleshooting steps did not work, you can try downloading the updates manually and install them on your computer.
This process is quite simple. You need to check which updates are failed on your computer.
To do that Click on Start button, and then select Settings > Change PC settings > Update and recovery > Windows Update > View your update history.
Make a list of failed updates. Visit Microsoft Update Catalog website search for KB, download and install them. This should fix the issue with update error 0xc1900130. If the error continues, you can try with the System Reset. You can refer below steps to perform the same.
Perform System Reset:
If the above troubleshooting steps did not work, you can try performing the System Reset. This process will reset all the System Settings to default state and fix all kinds of Operating System related issues. Refer the below link to perform System Reset on your computer.
This should fix the issue with Windows Update error 0xc1900130 on your computer.
I hope that the above troubleshooting steps help you to fix the issue with Windows Update error 0xc1900130 and install further updates without any issues. If you need any help, you can comment us below. You can also ask more on our Forum.