This guide will show you How to Fix Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection error 0x800CCC0F. When you attempt to send or receive email, you see one of the following error messages.
RECOMMENDED: Fix this issue in 3 simple steps. Takes only 2 minutes.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
- Task ‘server name – Sending and Receiving’ reported error (0x800ccc0f): ‘The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact the server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: ? K’.
- “Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Error Number: 0x800CCC0F”
This issue may occur if one of the following scenarios is true:
- Your Outlook might be disconnected or not connected to Internet.
- Incorrect configuration of Antivirus or Firewall software
- Incorrect settings of Outlook mail account.
- When your Outlook user profile is damaged.
- If Outlook email item on your POP3 server is damaged.
- When Outlook is removed or installation of Outlook is damaged.
Warning : Before making any changes in your computer, I suggest you to create a System Restore point so that you can restore back your computer to previous working stat if something goes wrong.
Fix Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection error 0x800CCC0F
Warning : Before making any changes in your computer, I suggest you to create a System Restore point so that you can restore back your computer to previous working stat if something goes wrong. Highly recommended to perform below resolutions steps by Professional Certified Experts, as it may corrupt your computer if you make any mistake.
Step 1: Make sure that you are connected to the Internet and able to telnet pop port number.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Start an Internet browser. For example, start Internet Explorer. Or ping the google.com; ping www.google.com
- Type one of the following addresses in the address bar, and then press Enter.
- Check for the proxy settings as well.
Step 2: Make sure that your Outlook email account settings are correct.
Quick Info: Go through the below link to check email account settings in outlook
We have listed some major Internet Service Providers settings (for manual configuration of Outlook).
We recommend that you contact your Internet service provider (ISP) for information about the exact incoming and outgoing mail server names and settings that you should use when you configure your Internet email account in Outlook. The list provided here contains information only for some Internet service providers in the United States and may not be up to date.
Incoming Mail (POP3) server names and settings:
|Provider Name||Server Name||Port||SPA||SSL||AuthRequird|
|Qwest||pop.[enter state ID].qwest.net||110||OFF||OFF||OFF|
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) server names and settings:
|Provider Name||Server Name||Port||SPA||AuthRequired||Encryption|
|Qwest||pop.[enter state ID].qwest.net||25||OFF||OFF||None|
Step 3: Check your antivirus manufacturer’s website for additional suggestions or Disable the antivirus software. And Disable the firewall in router.
If you found outlook is working fine after disable the antivirus software, highly recommended to uninstall the same using their removal tool and reinstall it.
Uninstallers (removal tools) for common Windows antivirus software
List of manual antivirus uninstallers
Step 3: Create a new E-mail profile.
If above steps did not help you to resolve the issues, you may have to create new outlook profile and reconfigure email settings, try creating new Windows user account as well. Hope this will help you to fix the issues. Or you have to contact your ISP for further assistance. For further support, leave comments or ask more on Forum.