This guide is about Fix Google Chrome Kill pages or not responding wait error in Windows Some of Google Chrome browser user in Windows platform are facing issues with Google Chrome kill pages error while browsing. Or Chrome is asking you to wait for some time. You may face these issues with Chrome on Windows version 67.0.3396.79. When researched on these issues we suspect that below reasons may cause the issues.
- If the Windows user account is corrupted.
- Corrupted Chrome browsing history
- Corrupted Chrome extensions or Cookies.
- If the Chrome data folder is corrupted
We need to first Clear Google Chrome’s Cache memory, find out corrupted chrome extensions and remove them, disable unwanted Cookies, Repair Chrome’s installation data folder, Reset the Chrome to factory settings finally may need to download and reinstall Chrome freshly to fix
Fix Google Chrome Kill pages or not responding wait error
- These issues may occur even if the User Profile is corrupted. Hence Create new user account and launch Chrome browser to check it. Learn How to Create new user account in Windows 10
When you are browsing on Google Chrome on Windows the error message may come up saying Kill Pages or Wait as showing in below image. Here are some possible resolutions steps to fix Google Chrome Kill pages or Unresponsive Wait error. After every step check the chrome to know if the issues are fixed.
- As we discussed earlier let us Clear Chrome’s cache. Click on three dot icon, then selected History from the menu
- click on Clear browsing data and choose only History and Cached images and files, then hit Clear Data at the bottom
- How to fix if it is problem with extensions. Sometime if the Chrome extensions are corrupted they may cause the issues. To make sure extensions are working fine. We need disable all extensions and enable them one by one to make sure they are working fine. To do that click on Chrome menu on top right , Click on More tools then go to Extensions. You should remove the Extensions you no longer use.
- If you still facing the issues let us go ahead and Disable Cookies in Chrome. Open a new tab in Chrome and type chrome://settings/content on address bar. Click on Cookies.
- Rename default Chrome User Data folder. To do that Open Run Windows type %localappdata% and press Enter.
- Go to Google\Chrome\User Data\ folder, and rename the folder that says Default to Default Backup. Try loading the Chrome now to check if the issues is fixed.
- If nothing is working you may have to reset the Chrome browser to factory default. Here you may lose your data if you have not enabled Chrome to store data in the cloud.
- Click on three dotted Chrome menu icon on top right corner.
- Select Settings and navigate to Show Advanced Settings.
- Scroll down the mouse and click on Reset to restore Chrome to its original settings.
- The final steps it to remove and reinstall Google Chrome. Open run command by pressing Windows + R key at a time type appwiz.cpl find the Chrome browser and click on uninstall
- Once it is done restart the computer. Download and install Chrome browser from here
Hope this guide is helped you to Fix Google Chrome Kill pages or not responding wait error in Windows. Let us know your thoughts in comments or post your questions on our Forum