In this guide learn how to create user accounts in Windows 10. Learn managing user account and password. We can create three different types of user accounts in Windows. They are Administrator, Standard, and Managed accounts. Before you create new user accounts, it’s important to understand the different types of user account. Windows allow you to create standard user account as default. I will show you how to change it Administrator and create password for the same.
RECOMMENDED: Fix this issue in 3 simple steps. Takes only 2 minutes.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
- Administrator: Administrator accounts are special accounts that are used for making changes to system settings or managing other people’s accounts. They have full access to every setting on the computer. Every computer will have at least one Administrator account, and if you’re the owner you should already have a password to this account.
- Standard: Standard accounts are the basic accounts you use for normal everyday tasks. As a Standard user, you can do just about anything you would need to do, such as running software or personalizing your desktop.
- Standard with Family Safety: These are the only accounts that can have parental controls. You can create a Standard account for each child, and then go to the Family Safety settings in your Control Panel to set website restrictions, time limits, and more.
Warning : Before making any changes in your computer, I suggest you to create a System Restore point so that you can restore back your computer to previous working state if something goes wrong.
Problems or questions? Save time and get personal support. Ask your question!
How to Create User Accounts in Windows 10
1. Go to Settings. You can get there from the Start menu.
2. Click Accounts.
3. Click Family & Other Users in the left window pane.
4. Click “Add a family member” or “Add someone else to this PC.” Choose “family member” if you are either adding a child or adding an adult who needs access to parental control settings for child users. If no children are using this computer, using “Add someone else” should be fine.
5. You can click on created user account to make it Administrator. As shown below in the images.
6. Select Administrator and click OK.
Now we have successfully created user account. Log off your computer and click on your user account to log in amazing . As we noticed this user account is allowing to login with out password, is it strange ?. Did we missed anything ? . The answer is Yes. Then let us go ahead and create password for your user account so that it will secure. Please check our next guide to learn the same. For further support, leave comments or ask more on Forum.