Here, we come up with another Windows Update error 0x8007000e on Windows 10 computers. Users encountered an issue with update error 0x8007000e while upgrading the computer to latest version or to any featured update. As for now, we found this issue while upgrading the computer from V1803 to V1903 and to V1909 updates.
RECOMMENDED: Fix this issue in 3 simple steps. Takes only 2 minutes.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
The error message appears as:
Problems or questions? Save time and get personal support. Ask your question!
We can’t finish the update. Try restarting your device and we’ll try again. Error code 0x8007000e.
If you encounter the issue with Windows Update error 0x8007000e on your computer, this guide helps you to fix the error and update the computer to latest version. Before proceeding with the troubleshooting steps, it is important to know what factors causing the issues on your computer.
Why the Windows Update error 0x8007000e occurs?
As per our research on the error message on various computers, the factors causing the Windows update error 0x8007000e are as follows:
- Low disk space.
- Faulty or corrupted Windows Update components.
- Third-party Anti-Virus interference.
- Faulty Windows System Files etc.
The issue may occur for some other reasons as well. After researching on this error on multiple computers, we have listed all the possible troubleshooting steps that helps to fix the Windows update error 0x8007000e on Windows 10 computers and get the things work properly.
How to fix Windows Update error 0x8007000e?
Follow the below resolution steps one by one and try installing the updates after each step. If the issue remains, you can proceed with the further resolution steps.
Quick Note: Before proceeding with the further troubleshooting steps, we suggest you to create a System Restore point first. If something goes wrong during the troubleshooting, you can restore your computer back to previous working state.
Make sure you have enough space on hard drive:
If there is no enough space on your hard drive during the update installation, you may encounter the issue with this update error 0x8007000e. Therefore, refer the below steps to empty the space on the C drive and try installing the updates.
- Press Windows logo + R keys on your keyboard to open RUN window. Type temp and hit enter.
2. It will open the temporary files folder on your computer. Select all the files available on this folder and delete them. If it prompts any error, try to SKIP those files.
3. Repeat the same for %temp% and prefetch files.
4. After that, need to perform disk clean up. Open RUN window, type cleanmgr and hit enter.
5. It will launch Disk Clean-up window. Select C drive and click on OK.
6. It will calculate the space that you can free up from the C drive.
7. In this section, check all the options to delete them from the C drive and then click on OK.
8. Next, it prompts you to Delete Files. Select the option.
9. It will now clean up all the unwanted files from the C drive and make some free space on it.
This process will free up some space on the C drive. Now, you can reboot your computer and try installing the updates. If the issue with Windows Update error 0x8007000e remains, you can continue with the further resolution steps.
Rename or delete SoftwareDistribution folder:
This process will reset Windows Update components on your computer. Refer the below steps to perform the same.
- Press Windows logo + R keys on your keyboard to open RUN window. Type services.msc and hit enter. It will open the Services window.
2. Search and locate Windows Update service. Right click on it and select the option Stop.
3. Now, navigate to the location C:\Windows. Search and locate the SoftwareDistribution folder. Right click on it and Delete it.
4. If it prompts any error, you can try renaming the folder. You can rename it to SoftwareDistribution.old.
5. Once after that, download the below batch script to reset Windows Update components on your computer.
After performing the above steps, reboot your computer once and then try installing the updates. This should fix the issue with Windows Update error 0x8007000e on your computer. If the issue still persists, you can refer further troubleshooting steps.
Run Windows Update troubleshooter to fix error 0x8007000e:
Windows Update Troubleshooter is the Windows in-built tool that helps you to fix most of the Update errors on your computer. Refer below steps to run the update troubleshooter on your computer.
- Click on Windows icon, type Troubleshoot and select the option Troubleshoot settings.
2. Search and locate Windows Update. Expand it and click on Run the troubleshooter.
3. It will start detecting the problems. If found any, it will try to detect them automatically.
Once after completing this, reboot your computer and try installing the updates. This should fix the issue with the update error 0x8007000e. If the issue remains, you can try disabling the security program installed on your computer.
Disable/Uninstall Anti-Virus program:
Faulty or corrupted Anti-Virus program also causes the Windows Update error 0x8007000e on your computer. In this case, we suggest you try disabling or removing the Anti-Virus program on your computer and check if the updates work fine.
After installing the Windows Updates, you can try downloading the latest Anti-Virus setup file from manufacturer’s website and try installing it on your computer.
Below links helps you to perform the required tasks.
Run Media Creation Tool:
If none of the above troubleshooting steps helps, you can fix update error 0x8007000e using Media Creation Tool. You can download the Media Creation Tool from the below link.
After downloading the set up file, double click on it and follow on-screen instructions to upgrade the computer to the latest version.
Computer will reboot multiple times during the upgrade process. After completing the update process, computer will boot to the desktop. It helps you to install the latest Windows Updates on your computer.
I hope that the above troubleshooting steps help you to fix the Windows Update error 0x8007000e. It also let the updates to install properly on your computer. If you need any further help, do comment below. You can also ask more on our Forum.