When you try installing the Feature update on Windows 10 computers, you may encounter the issue with error 0x80d02002. Windows Updates fails with the error 0x80d02002 and it does not allow you to install any other updates on your computer. Users facing this issue while upgrading the computer to Windows 10 version 1709, version 1803, version 1903 and the latest version 1909.
The error message appears as below.
There were some problems installing some updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: Error 0x80d02002.
Sometimes, error 0x80070652 also prompts with the same scenario. Therefore, if the Windows Updates failing with the error 0x80d02002 or error 0x80070652, this guide helps you to fix the errors and let the updates install properly.
Before proceeding with the troubleshooting steps, let us analyze what factors causing the issue with the Windows Update errors.
What factors causing Windows Update error 0x80d02002 ?
As most of the Windows users facing the issue with this Windows Update error 0x80d02002 while installing the feature update, we have researched on this error and identified the cause the of errors.
The most possible reasons for the Update error on Windows 10 computer are:
- Faulty Windows Update components.
- Unstable Internet connection.
- Incorrect time and date settings.
- Third-party Anti-Virus interference etc.
There are chances that, some other reasons also cause the Windows Update error 0x80d02002 on your computer. In this article, we have listed all the possible troubleshooting steps that help you to fix the Update error and let the computer work properly.
How to fix Windows Update error 0x80d02002 ?
Follow the below resolution steps one by one and try installing the updates after each step. If the error remains, you can continue with the further resolution steps.
Quick Note: Before proceeding with the troubleshooting steps, we suggest you to create a System Restore point first. Suppose, if anything goes wrong during the troubleshooting, you can restore your computer back to normal state.
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter:
Windows Update Troubleshooter is the Windows in-built tool that helps you to fix most of the Windows Update errors. Using the update troubleshooter is very easy. Refer the below steps and run troubleshooter on your computer.
- Click on Windows icon, type troubleshoot and select the option Troubleshoot settings.
2. Search and locate Windows Update, expand it. Select the option Run the troubleshooter.
3. Troubleshooter will start detecting the problems. If found any, it will fix them automatically.
After completing this scan, reboot your computer and try to install the Windows Updates. If the error 0x80d02002 remains, you can continue with the further resolution steps.
Check Regional & Language settings:
There are chances that, if the time and the regional settings are incorrect on your computer, the updates will not install properly and prompts you the error 0x80d02002. Therefore, we recommend you check if the regional settings are correct on your computer.
Refer the below steps to make sure the regional and language settings are correct.
- Press Windows logo + I keys on your keyboard to open Settings window. Click on Time & Language.
2. Click on Region tab and make sure Region and Regional format are set correct.
3. Then click on Language tab and check the Windows display language is set correct.
If the settings are incorrect, make the necessary changes, reboot your computer and try installing the updates. This should fix the Windows Update error 0x80d02002. In case, if the issue remains, you can continue with the further steps.
Rename or delete SoftwareDistribution folder to fix update error 0x80d02002:
To reset the Windows Update components, it is required to delete or rename the SoftwareDistribution folder. Refer the below steps to perform the same.
- Press Windows logo + R keys on your keyboard to open RUN window. Type services.msc and hit enter. It will open the Services window.
2. Search and locate Windows Update service. Right click on it and select the option Stop.
3. Now, navigate to the location C:\Windows. Search and locate the SoftwareDistribution folder. Right click on it and Delete it.
4. If it prompts any error, you can try renaming the folder. You can rename it to SoftwareDistribution.old.
5. Once after that, download the below batch script to reset Windows Update components on your computer.
After performing the above steps, reboot your computer once and then try installing the updates. This should fix the issue with Windows Update error 0x80d02002 on your computer. If the issue still persists, you can continue with further resolution steps.
Perform SFC scan:
If the above troubleshooting steps does not help, you can try running the System File Checker scan on your computer. This SFC scan will detects the corrupted Windows files and repair them. This will help to install the Windows Updates properly without the error 0x80d02002.
To run SFC scan
- Click Windows button on your keyboard. Type cmd in the search box. Right click on Command Prompt and select the option Run as administrator.
2. On the elevated command prompt, type the below command and hit enter.
3. This scan process will take some time to complete. If any errors found, it will fix them automatically and shows the report.
After completing the scan, reboot your computer and try installing the updates. In case, if the issue remains, you can try disabling the third-party Anti-Virus application installed on your computer.
Disable/Uninstall Anti-Virus program:
If there are any freeware or unlicensed Anti-Virus program installed on your computer, they may interface with Windows files and creates the issues with Windows Updates installation. In this case, we recommend checking for the unwanted Anti-Virus programs installed on your computer and remove them.
Suppose, if you have purchased any Anti-Virus program, we suggest you to disable it or uninstall it for now. After installing the updates on your computer, you can try reinstalling it.
Below links help you to disable or uninstall the Anti-Virus program.
In case, if the above troubleshooting steps do not help you to fix the Windows Update error 0x80d02002, you can try performing the System Reset.
I hope that the above troubleshooting steps help you to fix the issue with Windows Update error 0x80d02002 on Windows 10 computers. If you need any further help, do comment below. You can also ask more on our Forum.