This guide will show you How to Install USB Wired Printer in Windows 10. You can install the printer software and drivers using the CD that comes with the printer or you can download it from the Manufacturer Website. In most cases, all you have to do to set up a printer is to connect it to your PC. Simply plug the USB cable from your printer into an available USB port on your PC, and turn the printer on. Although the printer can be setup in both a wired and wireless network, only one of the connection methods can be used at a time. When the wireless setting is enabled, the wired (Ethernet) setting is disabled. When the wired (Ethernet) setting is enabled, the wireless setting is disabled.
RECOMMENDED: Fix this issue in 3 simple steps. Takes only 2 minutes.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
Note: If you have a new wireless printer that hasn’t been added to your home network, read the instructions that came with the printer to learn how to add it. Check the printer manufacturer’s website to learn more and to get up-to-date software for your printer.
Warning: Before making any changes in your computer, I suggest you to create a System Restore point so that you can restore back your computer to previous working stat if something goes wrong.
How to Install USB Wired Printer in Windows 10
- You can install the printer software and drivers using the CD that comes with the printer or you can download it from the Manufacturer Website.
- Close all opened software applications.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the printer and the computer (if it is already connected). If the printer is connected to your network, leave it connected.
- Insert the printer software CD that comes with your printer or download it from the Manufacturer Website.
- Double-click the CD or download software icon.
- Double-click the Install icon.
- After you run the CD, it will show an installation is starting window.
8. Click on the Connect a new printer link in the next window that appears.
9. It’ll show both USB and Wireless connection options. I decided to go with the USB cable option for now.
10. This is the point where the software asks you to physically connect the printer to computer using a USB cable.
11. Finally, the connection is successful message comes up.
12. You might want to set up the Fax too. We will skip it for now.
13. Finally, you may set it as your default printer and click Finish.
14. The printer should show up in your Devices and Printers window that you can access from Start Menu.
15. The following screen shows the various options that the HP Office jet 6500A Plus All-in-one printer presents when its icon under Printers and Faxes section is double-clicked.
Converting USB printer to Wireless
- Run the setup software from the disc that comes with the printer. You should find an option to set up a wireless printer. If you already have it set up in the USB mode then you will get an option to convert a USB connected printer to wireless as you see in the screenshot below. Click on it.
2. It will ask you to connect the USB cable from printer to computer if you have the printer disconnected. Do it.
3. Now in this step, it will start going through the wireless setup process automatically.
4. It will continue with the network printer installation.
5. Once it goes through the process, it should show a success window indicating that printer is connected to the wireless network.
6. Now, you can disconnect the USB cable.
7. All set up and ready to use. Click Finish and start using your wireless printer over the network.
Note: Overall, an easy setup process. You just need to select Wireless setup initially and follow the on-screen instructions. It should be a cakewalk after that..
Now, you know how to install printer through USB cable. And convert USB printer into Wireless printer. To print webpages using Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, select Print, and then select Print again. See what the printed page will look like by selecting Print Preview. Or, print pages by pressing Crtl + P.To print only a picture from a page (and not the whole page), right-click on the picture, and select Print. In the Print dialog box, select Print again. For further support, leave comments or ask more on Forum.