Is Windows update version 1809 available for download?
Yes, Windows update version 1809 is officially available now. The latest feature update to Windows 10 is available from October 2nd 2018. If you want to update now, Microsoft has provided Media creation tool and the update assistant to upgrade manually. Go to the Page below and select Download tool now. This guide will show you how to install Windows 10 update version 1809 on your computer.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click the Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
How does it work?
This tool will scan and diagnose, then repairs, your PC with patent pending technology that fix your PC issues instantly.
System requirements to install Windows 10 update version 1809
Before you go ahead and install Windows 10 October Update version 1809 on your computer, make sure your computer is ready with below system requirements.
- Check for Windows updates and install all available updates. Your computer should have latest version of Windows installed on your computer.
- Your computer should have below system requirements
|Processor:||1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC|
|RAM:||1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit|
|Hard disk space:||16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS|
|Graphics card:||DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver|
How to install Windows 10 update version 1809
In this guide let me show you how to install Windows 10 update version 1809 on your computer. But you should make sure your computer meets above requirements. You can install 1809 update by using below methods.
- Windows Update
- Media Creation Tool
- Update Assistant
How to install the Windows 10 October 2018 Update with Windows Update
- Press Windows + I to open Windows Settings App
- Click on Update & Security, select Windows Update,
- Press on the Check for updates button.
4. Once the Windows 10 update version 1809 download, Windows will start installing it.
5. Windows 10 update version 1809 is completed. You must restart the computer to apply new settings and updates. Click on Restart now.
Note: This may take several minutes, please be patience until it completes installing updates.
How to install the Windows 10 October 2018 Update with Media Creation Tools
Unable to see Windows 10 update version 1809 on Windows Update? If this is the case you can perform an in-place upgrade of Windows 10 with all the new features and improvements manually using the Media Creation Tool.
- Go to Windows 10 upgrade tool download page here
- Click the Download tool now button.
- Double-click the MediaCreationTool1809.exe file to begin the upgrade process.
- Click the Accept button to agree to the Microsoft terms.
- Select the Upgrade this PC now option.
6. Click the Accept button one more time to agree to the notice and license terms.
7. Confirm that the Keep personal files and apps option is selected. (If the option isn’t selected, click the Change what to keep link to choose the correct option to keep your files, settings, and apps after the upgrade.)
8. Click the Install button.
After completing the steps, the Media Creation Tool will begin installing the Windows 10 October 2018 Update on your device keeping your settings, apps, and data.
Problem while installing the new version, you should use the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable media, to perform a clean installation of Windows 10 with the new update.
How to install the Windows 10 October 2018 Update with Update Assistant
To upgrade your system to the latest version of Windows 10 using the Update Assistant, use these steps:
- Go to Windows Update Assistance download page here
- Click the Update now button.
- Double-click the Windows10Upgrade file to start the tool.
- Click the Update Now button.
- After the tool confirm that your hardware is compatible, click the Next button.
- Click the Restart Now button.
Note: Once you’ve completed the steps, the Update Assistant tools will download the files to upgrade your devices without affecting your apps, files, or settings on a process that could take up to an hour depending on your hardware configuration and internet connection speed.
Hope you have successfully installed Windows 10 update version 1809 on your computer by following above method. Kindly share your comments and post in our Forum for further support. For some reasons updates failed with error Updates failed Windows 10 version 1809 error 0x80246019.
Learn more about Windows 10.