Windows 10 update version 1903 (April 2019 Update) available for download.
As per the official update Microsoft 1903 April update will be completed on March 2019 may possibly roll out on April 2019. Windows 10 update version 1903 will be officially available for download from April 2019. Version 1903 (April 2019 Update) codenamed as “19H1” “19H2”.
RECOMMENDED: Fix this issue in 3 simple steps. Takes only 2 minutes.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
As we know Microsoft called its previous major updates as “Redstone” updates, let me list updates called as Redstone versions. For example: Anniversary Update called as Redstone, Creators – Redstone 2 and Fall Creators update – Redstone 3, Spring Creators April 2018 update – Redstone 4, November 2018 update – Redstone 5. This is how Microsoft codenamed the previous versions. Learn more about Windows codenames: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Microsoft_codenames
The update to be released on 2019 will be codenamed as 19H1, 19H2. Let me simple make you understand the 2019 updates codenames. 19H1, 19 indicates the year and H1, first half of the year, this update usually may release March or April 2019. In the same way 19 indicates year 19 and H2 indicates 2nd half of the year, this update will be released on November 2019 that is 19H2.
System requirements to install Windows 10 update version 1903 (April 2019 Update)
Before you go ahead and install Windows 10 update version 1903 (April 2019 Update) on your computer, check below are okay.
- Check for Windows updates and install all available updates. Your computer should have latest version of Windows installed on your computer.
- Your computer should have below system requirements
|Processor:||1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC|
|RAM:||1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit|
|Hard disk space:||16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS|
|Graphics card:||DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver|
How to install Windows 10 update version 1903 (April 2019 Update)
In this guide let me show you how to install Windows 10 update version 1903 (April 2019 Update) on your computer. But you should make sure your computer meets above requirements. You can install 1903 update by following of below methods.
- Windows Update
- Media Creation Tool
- Update Assistant
How to install the Windows 10 April 2019 Update with Windows Update
- Press Windows + I to open Windows Settings App
- Click on Update & Security, select Windows Update,
- Press on the Check for updates button.
4. Once the Windows 10 update version 1903 (April 2019 Update) download, Windows will start installing it.
5. Windows 10 update version 1903 (April 2019 Update) is completed. You must restart the computer to apply new settings and updates. Click on Restart now.
Note: This may take several minutes, please be patience until it completes installing updates.
How to install the Windows 10 update version 1903 (April 2019 Update) with Media Creation Tools
Unable to see Windows 10 update version 1903 (April 2019 Update) on Windows Update? If this is the case you can perform an in-place upgrade of Windows 10 with all the new features and improvements manually using the Media Creation Tool.
- Go to Windows 10 upgrade tool download page here
- Click the Download tool now button.
- Double-click the MediaCreationTool1809.exe file to begin the upgrade process.
- Click the Accept button to agree to the Microsoft terms.
- Select the Upgrade this PC now option.
- Click the Accept button one more time to agree to the notice and license terms.
- Confirm that the Keep personal files and apps option is selected. (If the option isn’t selected, click the Change what to keep link to choose the correct option to keep your files, settings, and apps after the upgrade.)
- Click the Install button.
After completing the steps, the Media Creation Tool will begin installing the Windows 10 October 2018 Update on your device keeping your settings, apps, and data.
Problem while installing the new version, you should use the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable media, to perform a clean installation of Windows 10 with the new update.
How to install the Windows 10 update version 1903 (April 2019 Update) Update with Update Assistant
To upgrade your system to the latest version of Windows 10 using the Update Assistant, use these steps:
- Go to Windows Update Assistance download page here
- Click the Update now button.
- Double-click the Windows10Upgrade file to start the tool.
- Click the Update Now button.
- After the tool confirm that your hardware is compatible, click the Next button.
- Click the Restart Now button.
Note: Once you’ve completed the steps, the Update Assistant tools will download the files to upgrade your devices without affecting your apps, files, or settings on a process that could take up to an hour depending on your hardware configuration and internet connection speed.
Hope you have successfully installed Windows 10 update version 1903 (April 2019 Update) on your computer by following above method. Kindly share your comments and post in our Forum for further support.
Learn more about Windows 10.
- How to check Windows 10 version.
How to create a system image in Windows 10
- How to install Windows 10
- How to Create USB Bootable Windows 10 installation media
- How to Create Bootable USB/DVD media from ISO for Windows 10
- Windows 10 complete Guide
- How to install dual operation system
- How to install Windows 10 update version 1809