In this guide learn How to open .bbb-.opd files in Windows . The .bbb and .ipd files are the backup files created by the Blackberry Desktop Manager program. Backup file created by the Mac version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager, a program used for syncing, backing up, and restoring data with BlackBerry mobile devices; stores contacts, the calendar, applications, and other data from the device. These backup files can be restored to the BlackBerry device using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
RECOMMENDED: Fix this issue in 3 simple steps. Takes only 2 minutes.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
Warning : Before making any changes in your computer, I suggest you to create a System Restore point so that you can restore back your computer to previous working stat if something goes wrong.
How to open .bbb-.opd files in Windows
- Download and install the BlackBerry Desktop Manager from the following link http://us.blackberry.com/software/desktop.html
- Launch the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software and select the Backup and Restore option to restore the .bbb files to your BlackBerry device.
- Select the file that you want to restore.
- Once the file is restored you will be able to open it from the BlackBerry device.
If you want to open the .bbb files in your computer and not on the BlackBerry device then you can install the MagicBerry software.
With MagicBerry Blackberry IPD & BBB Editor and Converter you can convert, parse and edit Blackberry IPD and BBB database file. Split and merge records and extract SMS, contacts, phone calls log, and service books to CSV or text files. You can use MagicBerry for editing the database and upload and save it in the IPD/BBB file.
- Download MagicBerry software from the link MagicBerry Download and install it in your computer. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation setup wizard.
- Click on Next to continue.
- Choose a location to install the software and click on Next to continue.
- Check mark the “Create a desktop icon” option and click Next button.
- Click on the Finish button to launch the MagicBerry software.
- Click on File Menu and select the Open option.
- Select the .bbb file and click on the Open button.
You will be now able to view the contents of the .bbb file. You can now split and merge records and extract SMS, contacts, phone calls log, and service books to CSV or text files. If you need further support, you can contact BlackBerry Support. Share your comments below.