This guide will show you How to Reboot Windows 10 in Safe Mode. On previous versions of Windows such as Windows 7, at the beginning of the boot, you’re able to press the F8 key to access the Advanced Boot Options menu, where you can enable Safe Mode. But on Windows 10, the F8 key doesn’t work anymore because the start procedure became faster than ever before.
RECOMMENDED: Fix this issue in 3 simple steps. Takes only 2 minutes.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
However, that doesn’t mean that Windows 10 has no Safe Mode. It’s just that to get to it you have to follow other procedures. Let’s take a closer look and see all the ways you can boot into Safe Mode in Windows 10.
Problems or questions? Save time and get personal support. Ask your question!
Method 1: Boot to safe mode from System Configuration.
You can make changes in the System Configuration to boot the computer to safe mode. To perform the same, follow the below steps.
1) Press Windows logo + R on your keyboard at the same time to bring up run command.
2) Type msconfig and click OK. Then the System Configuration window will open.
3) When System Configuration opens, click the Boot tab. Under Boot options, check Safe boot then click OK.
4) When you’re prompted to restart your computer to apply these changes, click Restart then you will boot into the Safe Mode.
IMPORTANT: If you want to start Windows 10 in Normal Mode, ensure Safe boot is unchecked.
Method 2: Boot to safe mode from Windows login screen.
If you can boot to the login screen, you can enter Safe Mode from the login screen. You can refer the below steps to perform the same.
1) On your keyboard, hold down the Shift key.
2) While holding down the Shift key, on the login screen (you may call it sign in screen), at the bottom right of the corner, click the power button then select Restart. Then Windows will bring up the Windows RE (Recovery environment) screen.
3) On the Windows RE (Recovery environment) screen, click Troubleshoot.
4) Next, on the Troubleshoot screen, click Advanced options.
5) Click Startup Settings.
6) Then click Restart. The computer restarts and another screen opens showing a lot of different startup options.
7) On your keyboard, press the 4 number key to enter Safe Mode without network. (If you need to do some online research after booting into the safe mode, press the 5 number key to enter Safe Mode with network access.)
This is how you reboot Windows 10 in safe mode. Windows 10 is a fast operating system with a fast boot process. Getting into Safe Mode might not work the way it did in older Windows operating systems, but the methods available are similar to the ones in Windows 8.1. If you happen to know of other ways to do this, don’t hesitate to let us know and we promise we’ll update this guide. For further support, leave comments or ask more on Forum.