The Device Manager in Windows lets you view the hardware installed on your computer, along with its Properties. It lets you change hardware settings, identify device drivers for each device, view and change settings and properties, and install, uninstall, update, roll back, enable, disable the drivers. In this guide you will learn how to roll back drivers in Windows 10. For example you accidentally uninstalled Nvidia graphics card driver or you need to roll back Nvidia graphics card to previous one, you can do it from device manager by following below steps. In the same way you can roll back any drivers in your computer.
RECOMMENDED: Fix this issue in 3 simple steps. Takes only 2 minutes.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
Quick Note : Before making any changes in your computer, I suggest you to create a System Restore point so that you can restore back your computer to previous working stat if something goes wrong.
Follow below steps to Learn How to Roll back drivers in Windows 10
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the run box.
2) Type devmgmt.msc and click the OK button.
3) Expand the Display adapter’s branch. Right-click the Nvidia graphics card device and click Properties.
4) Click the Driver tab. Then click Roll Back Driver.
5) Then you will get a pop-up window like below. Click the Yes button. Then the driver will be restored to previously installed version.
6) Restart your PC for the change to take effect.
For your Information : Few more options in device manager to disable, uninstall, update drivers.
- Update Drivers: This will start the Hardware Update Wizard.
- Roll Back Driver: This will uninstall the most recently updated driver and will roll back your configuration, to the earlier version. You may need to roll back a driver if you find that your device fails after updating the driver.
- Disable (or Enable) Driver: This will disable the Driver, till you enable it back again.
- Uninstall Driver: This will uninstall completely the drivers files and registry settings for the selected hardware.