If your Google Chrome browser is constantly being redirected to unwanted sites, or pop-up ads appear while browsing the Internet, then your PC may be infected with a potentially unwanted program. This guide will show you how to use Chrome malware cleanup tool.
RECOMMENDED: Fix this issue in 3 simple steps. Takes only 2 minutes.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
This Google Chrome pop-up ads is usually caused by adware installed on your PC. This type of adware programs are bundled with other free software that you download off of the Internet. Unfortunately, some free downloads do not adequately disclose that other software will also be installed and you may find that you have installed adware without your knowledge.
Learn How to use Chrome Malware Cleanup Tool
Lots of malware tries to bog down your browser, but Google Chrome isn’t defenseless—on Windows there’s a built-in scanner called Cleanup. This software runs in the background periodically, but you can manually run a scan right now by heading to the URL
chrome://settings/cleanup in your browser, or by going to Settings > Reset and clean up > Clean up computer.
This Chrome Cleanup or Malware scanner will help you to get rid of:
- Pop-up ads opening in new tab. Does not allow you to close.
- Chrome Homepage or Search engine keep on changing automatically.
- Unable to remove Chrome extension as they keep coming back.
- Browsing is hijacked, redirects to unknown pages.
- Fake Virus or malware alerts.
Once the Chrome completes scan, it will show result if something harming your PC and you can remove the same. If you find malware, then you may want to use the Reset settings option that is there.