Changing the login screen background in Windows 10 is easy. You can easily set any image you like as your login screen background on Windows 10. This was complicated in the initial release of Windows 10, but Microsoft made it simple with the Anniversary Update.
RECOMMENDED: Fix this issue in 3 simple steps. Takes only 2 minutes.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
Follow the below resolution steps to change the login screen background:
- Open the settings menu in the computer and click on Personalization.
- In the personalization screen, click on Lock Screen tab and enable Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen.
3. This option works only if you are running Build 14291 or later. If you’re running Build 10586 or later but not 14291, you will see the following option, which lets you choose the log-in screen background (the Windows logo) or a solid color (if you turn this option off):
4. You can configure the sign-in screen background you want on the Lock screen settings page, too. Select “Windows spotlight” for an automatically changing selection of images from Microsoft, or select “Picture” or “Slideshow” to choose your own preferred background image.
5. The image you select here will appear as both your lock screen background and sign-in screen background.
6. If you would rather use a flat color instead of a background image, disable the “Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen”. Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Colors. The color you choose here will be used for your sign-in screen background as well as other elements on the Windows desktop.
There is another way of changing the login screen background in Windows 10 by making few changes in the registry.
Quick note: Before we start editing registry, we have to warn you that changing the registry can cause issues with your operating system, therefore it’s highly recommended that you create a backup of your registry in case anything goes wrong.
- Press Windows logo, type regedit in the search box, click on Registry editor.
2. In the registry editor, navigate to the below location.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Policies > Microsoft > Windows > System.
3. Right-click System and click New > DWORD (32-bit) Value. Label this new DWORD as DisableLogonBackgroundImage.
4. Right-click DisableLogonBackgroundImage and click Modify.
5. Under Value data: type 1 (default will be 0). Click OK. (To switch back to the default Windows log-in screen, change this value back to 0).
6. In order to check, press Windows key + L to lock your computer. When you login, you will see a flat color background (it will be the same color as your accent color) instead of the flashy Windows screen. If you want to change the color of this new log-in background, just go to Settings > Personalization > Colors and pick a new accent color.
Changing the login screen background is very easy and suppose because of some issues, if the option in the settings to change the login screen not working, you can try the second method by modifying the registry keys. For further support, leave comments or ask more on Forum.