This guide is about to Fix Microsoft Edge browser cannot connect to the internet. As a temporary fix you can switch to Firefox or Chrome to browser internet. Few users reported that Microsoft keeps losing internet connection after upgrading to Windows 10 or after installing updates on Windows 10. This issue occurs when following conditions are true.
- Proxy settings are enabled on Edge browser
- DNS clients have been disabled
- DNS client service is not running
- Antivirus, Firewall are blocking the connection
- Corrupted Windows 10 updates.
- incompatible network drivers.
Fix Microsoft Edge browser cannot connect to the internet.
Quick note: Before making any changes in your computer, I suggest you to create a System Restore point so that you can restore back your computer to previous working stat if something goes wrong.
Step 1: Disable proxy settings
- Press Windows key + I to open Settings app.
Click on Network & Internet
Turn on Automatically detect Settings
Scroll down to Manual Proxy setup, Turn off Use a proxy server. Now open Edge browser check if the issue Microsoft Edge browser cannot connect to the internet is fixed. If not continue with below steps.
Step 2: Change DNS server Addresses
- Type network connections on the search bar, and press Enter.
- Right-click on your current network connection, and go to Properties.
- Double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Check Use the following DNS server addresses, and enter following values: Preffered DNS server: 184.108.40.206 ; Alternate DNS server: 220.127.116.11
- Click OK.
Step 3: Make sure DNS client is running
- Type services.msc on the search bar, and press Enter.
- Find the DNS Client service.
- If the service is running normally, move on to another solution, if not, right-click on it, and go to Properties.
- Click on Start, and set Startup type to Automatic.
- Save changes and restart your computer.
Step 5: Roll back network drivers.
If the Network drivers installed through Windows updates not compatible, you need to roll back network drivers or reinstall network drivers. Check this guide to Roll back drivers in Windows 10.
Download and install network drivers from your computer manufacturers.
Here are major computer manufacturers from where you can download drivers for your computer.
Step 6: Disable Antivirus temporarily or reinstall Antivirus software
To make sure antivirus is not causing the issues you can install Hotspot Shield to bypass proxy or antivirus settings
Hope this guide fixed Microsoft Edge browser cannot connect to the internet issue in your computer. If not you may need to refresh your computer to reset Windows permissions and settings. Further support. Comment below or ask more in our Forum.