In this guide you will learn how to fix the Outlook error 0x800ccc80 – None of the authentication method supported by this client are supported by your server. There is a chance to set-up the encryption method when log-in or out into the server. It may default or manual depends on the client’s requirement. The encryption method is programmed due to security reasons. This encryption ensures the actual client is logging into the server. You can set the test message using the outlook.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
The error message displays as below:
The error usually occurs if the user has allotted the mode of encryption in many ways such as numeric, questions and answers etc. If the user fails to setup the mail type encryption and then it would not exist in one of the security methods. In this case, if the user sent a test message from outlook, the error message will pop up.
How to fix Outlook error 0x800ccc80 – None of the authentication method supported by this client are supported by your server?
Quick Note: Before making any changes in your computer, I suggest you to create a System Restore point so that you can restore back your computer to previous working stat if something goes wrong.
Follow the below resolution steps to fix Outlook Error 0x800CCC80 – None of the authentication method supported.
- Launch Outlook in the computer, click on Files and select Account settings.
- Once the settings are opened, choose the option email account. You will get an option Change. Click on it. The email account settings will launch.
3. Now, click on More Settings at the bottom right corner to get the Internet E-mail settings.
4. Click on the Outgoing Server tab and enable the option My outgoing server (SMTP) required authentication.
5. Choose the option Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
6. Next click on Advanced tab and set the choice as Outgoing server (SMTP).
7. Once it is done, you can use the port 587, again setup the choice Use the following type of encrypted connection to Auto.
8. Then click on OK and select Next and finish the process.
If the above troubleshooting steps didn’t fix the issue, you can try performing the below steps.
Disable or uninstall anti-virus:
Check your antivirus manufacturer’s website for additional suggestions or Disable the antivirus software. And Disable the firewall in router. If you found outlook is working fine after disable the antivirus software, highly recommended to uninstall the same using their removal tool and reinstall it.
Follow below links to disable, uninstall or reinstall antivirus software from your computer
- How to temporarily disable any antivirus firewall
- Remove-reinstall Norton anti-virus using Norton removal tool
- Completely uninstall AVG products
- Disable Windows Defender in Windows 8/10
- Turn Windows Defender on or off in Windows 8
- Turn Windows Defender on or off in Windows 7
List of manual antivirus uninstallers:
Click the link associated with the antivirus software currently installed on your system and follow the prompts or instructions on the website.
Once uninstall is complete, you will need to restart your computer.
- CA Antivirus
- Comodo Internet Security
- Cyber Defender Early Detection Center
- Dr. Web : (Only registered Dr.Web users can access support content)
- FRISK F-PROT Antivirus for Windows
- G Data
- K7 Total Security
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Norman Virus Control/Norman Security Suite
- Norton (Symantec)
- Norton Security Scan
- Panda Cloud Internet Protection
- Pareto Logic
- Spybot Search & Destroy
- Total Defense Anti-Virus (formerly CA Anti-Virus)
- Trend Micro
- Trend Micro Titanium
- Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Agent
- Vipre (Sunbelt Software)
- Windows Defender
- Windows Live OneCare
- Windows Security Essentials
- Zone Alarm
Create New Outlook Profile and Reconfigure email client:
- Go to Control panel, Click on Mail Option.
- Click Show Profiles
- Click Add
- Type a name for your profile.
- Outlook 2007 and above versions support “AutoDiscovery“. This will set up your email account automatically. Enter your name, email address and password and Outlook will try to set up the profile. If it does not work, proceed with “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” and continue.
Refer below links to create Outlook Profile and Mail Configuration.
- Create Microsoft Outlook Profile and Mail Configuration
- Add Mail Account in Windows Mail and Calendar App
By following the above troubleshooting steps, the issue with outlook error 0x800ccc80 – None of the authentication method supported by this client are supported by your server will be resolved. Now, if you set the mail encryption method as default, there won’t be any error pop up. For further support, leave comments or ask more on Forum.