In this guide we discuss about Windows 10 PIN sign in errors. We know it frustrates if user unable to login to their computers using PIN password. Mainly the corrupted user account profile can cause PIN problems, however we elaborate it in detail here. Hence we are making the list of all PIN login issues that occurred in Windows 10 operating system recently. We have researched in our lab to identify the cause for PIN not working errors. And tested resolution steps on few Windows 10 PC’s, found they are able to solve PIN does not login errors like” Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Click to setup your PIN again”, “Your PIN is no longer available due to change to the security settings on this device”, “Something went wrong and your PIN isn’t available (Code: 0x8007054f). Click to setup your PIN again”, “Sorry, something went wrong. Please sign in with your PIN”, “Unable to Add PIN. Nothing happens when clicking on add PIN”. Learn how to create PIN password and manager user accounts in Windows 10.
RECOMMENDED: Fix this issue in 3 simple steps. Takes only 2 minutes.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
Quick resolution: Fix“Your PIN is no longer available error
When the PIN is not working, log in to your computer using administrator (mostly user account password). Try to change, remove and recreate the PIN. To do that.
- Open settings app by pressing Windows + I key together.
- Navigate to Accounts > Sign-in Options.
- Here click on “Change” change the PIN and “Remove” options to re-create the PIN. You can use I forget my PIN if you don’t remember the login PIN.
I Forgot my PIN:
- Click on “I forgot my PIN “> you will be prompted to enter your user account password enter the same > Set up a new PIN now.
- After the new PIN set up, reboot the computer and check if the new PIN is working fine. If not continue with below steps.
Windows 10 PIN Sign in errors: Symptoms and Fix Your PIN is no longer available error
Few users reported in Microsoft Community that as they are unable to login PC with their PIN as it giving errors. Here are few symptoms or errors that shown on Sing-in option screen.
- Something happened and your pin isn’t available
- Your PIN is no longer available due to change to the security settings on this device.
- Something went wrong and your PIN isn’t available (Code: 0x8007054f). Click to setup your PIN again.
- Sorry, something went wrong. Please sign in with your PIN.
- Unable to Add PIN. Nothing happens when clicking on add PIN.
What causing PIN Sign in errors?
We compared the Windows 10 PIN issue PC (where the issue exists) with working one. As per our observation below are the main cause that created” Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Click to setup your PIN again”, “Your PIN is no longer available due to change to the security settings on this device”, “Something went wrong and your PIN isn’t available (Code: 0x8007054f). Click to setup your PIN again”, “Sorry, something went wrong. Please sign in with your PIN”, “Unable to Add PIN. Nothing happens when clicking on add PIN”, issue in your computer.
- Corrupted User Account profile: Users custom passwords and settings are saved in user account folders, especially PIN information in NGC folder, this has to be repaired or recreated.
- Faulty Windows update: If you notice PIN sign in error started after Windows update, we recommend you to restore the computer to the previous working stage. There are few chances that pending corrupted Windows downloads which are not installed properly or failed to install can cause “your PIN is no longer available or PIN isn’t available” error.
- Corrupt system permissions: To modify, manage or execute any settings, you should have Administrator permission along with related files, folders. By resetting files and folder permissions we can resolve “Sorry, something went wrong. Please sign in with your PIN, Unable to Add PIN. Nothing happens when clicking on add PIN” “Your PIN is no longer available due to a change in the security setting on this device on this device issues.
- Incorrectly configured Antivirus: faulty antivirus programs that actually taken over and monitor all system files and permissions can cause the PIN errors if they are configured incorrectly or gone bad.
Fix Windows 10 PIN Sign in errors
Please login to your computer using password as PIN is not working. Follow below resolutions steps on by one. And check after each steps to make sure PIN login is working fine.
Step 1: Perform Disk Cleanup
Disk clean up can remove junk files that created by Windows updates and other programs. Follow this link: Disk cleanup
Step 2: Clean Boot your Computer.
It is good idea to stop unwanted and corrupted startup and services when computer is not performing well. To do that follow this link how to perform clean boot in Windows 10.
Step 3: Reset permissions to NGC folder.
NGC folder stores all information related PIN password. We need to make sure this folder is accessible and working fine. To do that.
Reach this location and find Ngc folder. Follow instruction as shown in this link: refer this link: Reset and Grant Access to Ngc folder.
Learn how to reset Windows system files and permission with affecting your data and applications.
Step 4: Disable / Reinstall Antivirus.
You can temporarily disable anti-virus and uninstall it (Use only anti-virus removal tools to uninstall anti-virus software).
Step 5: Check for Windows update and install them
Check for updates to install all available patches as they can repair corrupted system files
- Press start button type as “Windows updates” and click the same.
- Click on “Check for updates” and follow on screen instructions.
Note: Refer below links if you get error while updating Windows.
- Fix Windows Update error 0x80242006 on Windows 10
- How to fix Windows 10 update error 0x80D02002
- How to fix Update error 0x8007000e on Windows 10?
- Fix Windows Update error 0xc1900130 on Windows 10
- Error 0x800f081f Windows 10 version 1909 update failed to install
- Windows 10 update error 0xC1900101
- Microsoft Store error 0x80D03805 on Windows 10
- Fix Windows 10 update error 0x80070006
- Fix Windows Update error 0x80092004
- Fix Windows 10 Upgrade error 0xc7700112
- Fix Windows 10 Upgrade Error 8007001F – 0x3000D
- Fix Windows Update error 0x8007007E
- Fix Windows Update error 0x80072F8F
Step 6: Create new user account.
As we suspected in this topic earlier, finally by creating new user account we can fix PIN sign in errors. Refer this link to know how to create user account in Windows 10.
Step 7: Refresh or Reset Windows 10.
Windows refresh can completely repair system files and permission. Go for it by following below links.
- Refresh Windows 10 without erasing data.
- Clean reset Windows 10
- Clean install Windows 10 from USB bootable media.
That is it. 🙂