What is SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE blue screen error?
SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE blue screen error occurs on Windows 10 computers. The System crash with this error is mostly seen while upgrading the Windows to latest versions or installing the Windows. As per Microsoft, the SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE bug check has a value of 0x000000DA. This indicates that a page table entry (PTE) routine has been used in an improper way.
RECOMMENDED: Fix this issue in 3 simple steps. Takes only 2 minutes.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
The SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE blue screen error occurs because of the hardware issues, such as incompatible device in your computer and system file corruption might cause this system crash.
How to fix SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE blue screen error?
Quick Note: Before making any changes in your computer, we suggest you to create a System Restore point, so that you can restore back your computer to previous working state if something goes wrong.
Follow the below step by step resolution steps to fix the SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE blue screen error on your computer. Check if the issue got fixed after each resolution step and proceed further.
Step 1: Make sure the computer is up to date.
To prevent most of the system crashes, it is important to make sure that the computer is up to date. You can try searching for the updates manually and install them. To install Updates, follow the below steps.
- Press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.
- Click on Updates & Security.
3. Click on Check for Updates and install the updates if detected.
Once the updates are installed, computer will prompt for reboot. Reboot the computer and check if the issue with blue screen error resolved. If the issue remains, you can proceed with the further steps.
Step 2: Run Hardware Troubleshooter.
You can try performing the hardware troubleshooter to check for the blue screen errors. To perform the same, follow the below resolution steps.
- Open Settings menu and click on Update & Security.
- Click on Troubleshoot from the menu on the left.
- Select BSOD from the right pane and click Run the troubleshooter.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooter.
Check if the issue with SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE blue screen error got fixed. If it remains the same, you can continue with the further troubleshooting steps.
Step 3: Run System File Checker (SFC) scan to Repair System Files.
SFC is stand for System files checker. It is very useful tool in Windows. It can repair Windows files like DLL and fixes System Crashes.
To run the SFC scan, follow the below steps:
- Press Windows key to open the Start Menu.
- Type as command prompt or cmd in the search field.
- Right-click on Command Prompt. Select Run as Administrator.
- Enter the password if asked.
- Type as sfc /scannow on command prompt and hit enter.
- The scan will take sometime to complete. After that, reboot your computer.
After the computer is rebooted, check if the issue got resolved. Proceed with further steps, if the issue remains.
Step 4: Run DISM Tool.
The Deployment Image Servicing and Management Tool is a tool that comes built-in with Windows and can be used to service a Windows Image. It often fixes many issues with various aspects of Windows and can therefore help you with this as well. Note that this is a very powerful tool and making a mistake when you are running it can cause issues – so be careful.
Follow the below steps to run the DISM tool in your computer.
- Press Windows logo, in the search bar, type cmd. Command Prompt option will appear. Right click on it and select the option Run as Administrator.
- When you’re inside the Command Prompt, type in the following commands, and press Enter on your keyboard after each command, in order to execute it. Make sure you wait for the first command to finish running before you start with the second one.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
3. Now, wait for the second command to finish, and close the Command Prompt by either clicking the X in the corner, or by typing in exit and pressing.
Once it is done, reboot your computer and check if the blue screen error got fixed.
Step 5: Disable or reinstall Anti-virus / Firewall.
Faulty or corrupted Anti-virus might also cause the SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE blue screen error on your computer.
Follow below links to disable, uninstall or reinstall antivirus software from your computer
- How to temporarily disable any antivirus firewall
- Remove-reinstall Norton anti-virus using Norton removal tool
- Completely uninstall AVG products
- Disable Windows Defender in Windows 8/10
- Turn Windows Defender on or off in Windows 8
- Turn Windows Defender on or off in Windows 7
Step 6: Repair Operating System.
If above resolutions steps did not help you to fix the issues, suggest you to repair or refresh your computer as faulty system files can cause the issue. Windows repair or refresh will repair faulty boot files instantly. To do that follow below links.
Hope the above resolution steps helps you in fixing the issue with SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE blue screen error on your computer. If you find this helpful, do comments below.
You can also ask more on our Forum.