What is ataport.sys ?
ATAPORT short for AT Attachment Packet Interface. Ataport.sys files help to configure DVD drive, Hard disk drive, Graphics card or RAM to communicate or configure properly on Windows operating system. In this guide let learn how to fix system_service_exception ataport.sys Blue screen error on Windows computers.
RECOMMENDED: Fix this issue in 3 simple steps. Takes only 2 minutes.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
For example: Computer hardware’s perform their tasks through ataport.sys system configuration file on Windows. If the file or hardware corrupted, Windows does not execute the task as a result computer reboots with blue screen error system_service_exception ataport.sys.
Problems or questions? Save time and get personal support. Ask your question!
What is .sys file?
SYS stand for system configuration files. .sys is the files extinction Windows system files. It is Windows in build files that helps configure hardware’s with Windows operating system and It also can called as driver or hardware configuration format for Windows operating system.
What is causing system_service_exception ataport.sys blue screen error?
As said above ataport.sys is system configuration files. It uses when configuring hardware or drivers. You are seeing system_service_exception ataport.sys blue screen error as any hardware or drivers are not working properly in your computer.
Possible causes are below.
- Bad sectors on Hard disk drive: If hard disk has bad sectors, it does not allow Windows or ataport.sys files to execute the tasks.
- Windows systems files are corrupted: As said above if Windows system configuration ataport.sys file missing or corrupted, still you see the blue screen error.
- Faulty graphics drivers or hardware: If PCI graphics hardware is corrupted, still you may get the error. Faulty graphics drivers also can cause the issue.
- Recently installed drivers are not compatible: When you install or upgrade new hardware’s on your computer, you should check if the hardware is compatible with your computer or result will be blue screen error. If this is case you may have to replace the hardware.
- Recently installed hardware’s not compatible: If Windows updates installs faulty drivers or the hardware drivers is not compatible with Windows, still you see the blue screen error. Hence it is recommended to download and install driver from hardware manufacturer website.
- Faulty Anti-Virus : Faulty anti-Virus software change system files permission, where it does not all files to perform their task as a result you see ataport.sys blue screen error.
Symptoms for system_service_exception ataport.sys blue screen error.
When your computer has corrupted ataport.sys system configuration file or faulty hardware’s your computer reboots with below blue screen error.
- “A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. The problem seems to be caused by the following file: Ataport.sys.”
- “:( Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some info, and then we’ll restart for you. If you would like to know more, you can search online later for this error: ataport.sys.”
- “STOP 0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_EQUAL – ataport.sys”
- “STOP 0x0000001E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED – ataport.sys”
- “STOP 0×00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA – ataport.sys”
How to fix system_service_exception ataport.sys blue screen error.
If you notice this issue after the recent Windows update or recent hardware changes in your computer? Then remove the hardware and check if you see the error or restore your computer to preview working condition to check if the computer is working fine.
Quick Note: Before making any changes in your computer, I suggest you to create a System Restore point so that you can restore back your computer to previous working stat if something goes wrong. Perform below troubleshooting steps one by one. After every steps check if the issues is fixed.
Step 1: Faulty RAM (Random access memory).
Let us first diagnose the RAM. Windows 7 includes built-in features to help you identify and diagnose problems with memory. You can run the Windows Memory Diagnostics utility by completing the following steps:
- Click Start, type mdsched.exe in the Search box, and then press Enter.
- Choose whether to restart the computer and run the tool immediately or schedule the tool to run at the next restart.
- Windows Memory Diagnostics runs automatically after the computer restarts and performs a standard memory test automatically. If you want to perform fewer or more tests, press F1, use the Up and Down arrow keys to set the Test Mix as Basic, Standard, or Extended, and then press F10 to apply the desired settings and resume testing.
- When testing completed, the computer restarts automatically. You will see the test results when you log on.
Note: that if a computer crashes because of failing memory, and Windows Memory Diagnostics detects this, the system will prompt you to schedule a memory test the next time the computer restarted. In addition, you may have to replace RAM memory to get rid of it.
Step 2: Reboot the computer in Safe mode.
By rebooting your computer in safe mode, we can load only basic drives and default software’s. Observe your computer in safe mode for few moments to make sure computer is not rebooting in safe mode. Moreover, it is only rebooting when it is in normal mode. Usually anti-virus or corrupted graphics drives cause blue screen error. Hence, let us go ahead and reinstall both.
On previous versions of Windows such as Windows 7, at the beginning of the boot, you are able to press the F8 key to access the Advanced Boot Options menu, where you can enable Safe Mode. However, on Windows 10, the F8 key does not work anymore because the start procedure became faster than ever before. However, that does not mean that Windows 10 has no Safe Mode. It is just that to get to it you have to follow other procedures from this link: Learn how to reboot your computer in safe mode.
Uninstall graphics drives using official removal tools.
Download graphics driver’s uninstallation tools from below link. In addition, run them to remove graphics drivers.
- AMD/ ATI Driver Uninstaller: http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/downloads.html
- NVIDIA Driver Uninstaller: http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/downloads.html
- Alternate link for both drivers Uninstaller: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
Download and reinstall graphics drives from official website.
You can reinstall graphics drives after removing antivirus software.
- Automatically detect NVIDIA Driver: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx?lang=en-us
- Automatically detect AMD/ATI Driver: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool
Here are major computer manufacturers from where you can download drivers for your computer.
Uninstall anti-virus software using official removal tools.
Find your antivirus from below guide to download and remove them.
- Temporarily disable any antivirus firewall
- Remove-reinstall Norton anti-virus using Norton removal tool
- How to Completely uninstall AVG products
Once you removed anti – virus from your computer using above removal tools. Please restart your computer in normal mode and Download and reinstall graphics drivers from above links. Hope your computer is working fine without rebooting now. If not continue with step 3.
Step 3: Repair bad sectors in hard disk drive.
To run it from Command Prompt, here are the instructions:
- Press Windows key to open the Start Menu
- Select Search
- Type-in CMD
- Right-click on Command Prompt from the search results list
- Right Click and Run as administrator
- In command prompt type as below.
- chkdsk C: /f /r /x
The parameters for this command are:
/f option will attempt to fix any found errors
/r option will locate for bad sectors and recovery any readable information
/x option will force the volume you’re about to check to be dismounted before the utility begins a scan
If the C: drive is in use, type Y to run a scan at your PC’s next restart. If so, exit Command Prompt and restart the computer.
Step 4: Repair or refresh your computer.
If case corrupted operating system files are corrupted, still you face Blue screen unexpected_kernel_mode_trap error in your computer. Hence, please go ahead and repair or reinstall your computer.
Note: As I said above faulty hardware also can cause the issues. Remove or replace if you have reinstalled any hardware’s. Before you proceed with repair or reinstall make you have taken your computer data back into external drive, as reinstall will erase your computer completely.
Hope you were able to fix the issues by following this guide. If you still getting system_service_exception ataport.sys Blue screen error than it should related faulty hardware. You may have to contact your computer manufacturer for further support. Comment below or ask more in our Forum