What is Task Manager?
Simply I can say Task manager is single windows to display information about running apps, background processes and Windows processes. It also displays computer performance information including CPU, Memory, Disk, Ethernet, GPU usages. Task manager allows user to terminate unwanted high CPU usage background applications just by right click and selecting end process option. Task manager design UI in Windows 10 is simple clover when compare to previous versions. In This guide learn more about Task manger and terminate background process using task manager.
Task Manger has mainly seven options that explains background running applications and CPU usages. Process options takes major part of task manager. As it is Task manager’s primary and default option that displays all background process information.
Process: Under the process menu you will find Apps, Background Process and Windows process options. Each option display information about applications running in the background with CPU usage, Memory usage, Disk usage, Network usage, GPU usage as bellows.
By expanding them you will find all running applications on your computer. If you don’t want any applications to run in the back ground, you can just right click the application process and click on end task.
What are the ways to open Task manger?
- Right-click the Taskbar and click on Task Manager.
- Open Start, do a search for Task Manager and click the result.
- Use the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keyboard shortcut.
- Use the Ctrl + Alt + Del keyboard shortcut and click on Task Manager.
- Use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut to open the power-user menu and click on Task Manager.s
Note: when you open task manager for the first time, it usually opens in restore mode with small windows, click on more details to expand it with complete report.
Terminate background process using task manager.
Sometime your computer does not load applications or taking more time to load applications, due to background apps are using more CPU and Memory on your computer. If this is the case you can just go ahead and terminate those applications from task manger, if they are not really required, by just right click and click on end task as shown below.
- Right-click the Taskbar and click on Task Manager: Look for the applications that consuming more CPU usage it is also call High CPU usage. This steps also answers to the question How to fix high CPU usage.
- If any application is consuming your CPU and memory, End the task for time being as show in the below image.
- See the below image , HeavyLoad process is consuming CPU higher than others hence right click on that application and click on End task to close the background process to improve computer performance.
That’s it above task manager. Appreciate your feedback.