Several user reported Touchscreen issues after version 1809 Windows update. As you know Windows 10 October 2 update has few bugs including touch issue. Microsoft paused the v1809 update for some time to fix bugs and re-released it on ninth of October again. Now Windows 10 update v1809 is ready for download and update. If your computer touch screen is not working after October 2 update you can just check for Windows update,you will find cumulative update KB4464330 install the same as Microsoft says that this KB4464330 update may fixes issues reported on Windows 10 v1809 update.
However, you can download and install from below links.
- 2018-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for ARM64-based Systems (KB4464330)
- 2018-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4464330)
- 2018-10 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2019 (1809) for x64-based Systems (KB4464330)
- 2018-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x86-based Systems (KB4464330)
Fix Touchscreen issue after version 1809 Windows update.
You manually download cumulative update KB4464330 above links or automatically from Windows update on your computer.
Step 1: Install cumulative update KB4464330 through Windows update.
- Type Windows update on Start menu Search and press enter.
- Click Check for Windows updates button
3. You should see cumulative update KB4464330, download and install the same.
Note: It may take few minutes to download and install the update, and your computer may reboot several times to install and configure updates. Once completed, check if the touch screen is working fine now. If not continue with step: 2.
Step 2: Re-install touch screen drivers
After updating cumulative update KB4464330 Touch screen should work fine if Windows update v1809 is causing the issue. You may need to reinstall Touch screen drivers.
First Uninstall touch screen drivers.
- Press Windows + R keys, type devmgmet.msc, click enter.
2. Expand Human Interface Devices.
3. Right Click on HID-complaint touch screen, click on Uninstall.
4. Press F5 to refresh device manager
5. Let Windows to find the best driver for it or right click on HID-complaint touch screen click on Update Driver Software.
6. Alternatively, you can visit your computer manufacturer website to download touch screen driver and install it.
Here are major computer manufacturers from where you can download drivers.
Step 3: Refresh Windows 10.
Touch screen not working even after reinstalling drivers. Go ahead and refresh or reset your computer that worked for few users. However, Windows user on Microsoft community reported was able to fix the issues after reinstalling Windows 10.( reported as “Lost touchscreen ability after the latest Fall 2018 update. (THINKPAD YOGA)Tried updating drivers, uninstall and reinstall drivers. Rolled back to previous version and touchscreen still not working. Finally reinstalled Windows 10 and still no touchscreen. The touchpad and pen function without any issues…Anyone else with touch screen issues after latest update.” Refer below link and refresh your computer if it did not work go for Windows reset or Windows 10 re-installation.
- How to Refresh Windows 10 without erasing your data.
- How to Clean Reset Your Windows 10 Computer.
- How to install Windows 10
- How to Create USB Bootable Windows 10 installation media
- How to Create Bootable USB/DVD media from ISO for Windows 10
- Windows 10 complete Guide
Note: Make sure you have backup of your data before you go for Windows refresh or reset.
Hope you are able to fix touch screen issue on your computer. If it does not work contact, your computer manufacturer Share your comments and post in our Forum for further support.