If you are getting 0x800ccc0b error while sending an email, then you should first check the server configuration info in MS-Outlook. In this case of error, usually user unable to send the email because the 0x800ccc0b error in Outlook usually occurs due to wrong SMTP server details. This guide will help you to fix Unable to send email an unknown error has occurred 0x800CCC0B. You may experience below error when you receive or send an email message in Outlook.
- Error Message: An unknown error has occurred. Account: ‘ email@example.com’, Server: ‘mail.yourdomain.com’, Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure (SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B
- Task ‘machine.domain.xom – Sending and Receiving’ reported error (0x800CCC0B): ‘Unknown Error 0x800CCC0B’
Follow below resolution steps to fix the issues
- Make sure that your Outlook email account settings are correct.
- Disable or Uninstall Anti-Virus Software.
- Create New Outlook Profile and Reconfigure email client.
- Create New User Account and reconfigure email.
How to fix Unable to send email an unknown error has occurred 0x800CCC0B
Quick Note: Before making any changes in your computer, I suggest you to create a System Restore point so that you can restore back your computer to previous working stat if something goes wrong.
Step 1: Make sure that your Outlook email account settings are correct.
- Click on the “Account Settings” under the “Tools” menu.
- Click on the “Email” and make a double click on the email address by which you are not able to send emails.
- Through double click other pop-up window will appear, now click on “More Settings buttons.
- Go to the Outgoing Server tab and select the “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” checkbox.
Quick Note : We recommend that you contact your Internet service provider (ISP) for information about the exact incoming and outgoing mail server names and settings that you should use when you configure your Internet email account in Outlook.
Step 2: Disable or uninstall anti-virus.
Check your antivirus manufacturer’s website for additional suggestions or Disable the antivirus software. And Disable the firewall in router. If you found outlook is working fine after disable the antivirus software, recommend you to uninstall the same using their removal tool and reinstall it.
Follow below links to disable, uninstall or reinstall antivirus software from your computer
- How to temporarily disable any antivirus firewall
- Remove-reinstall Norton anti-virus using Norton removal tool
- Completely uninstall AVG products
- Disable Windows Defender in Windows 8/10
- Turn Windows Defender on or off in Windows 8
- Turn Windows Defender on or off in Windows 7
Step 3: Create New Outlook Profile and Reconfigure email client.
- Go to Control panel,Click on Mail Option.
- Click Show Profiles
- Click Add
- Type a name for your profile.
- Outlook 2007 and above versions support “AutoDiscovery“. This will set up your email account automatically. Enter your name, email address and password and Outlook will try to set up the profile. If it does not work, proceed with “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” and continue.
Refer below links to create Outlook Profile and Mail Configuration.
- Create Microsoft Outlook Profile and Mail Configuration
- Add Mail Account in Windows Mail and Calendar App
Step 4: Create New User Account and Configure email.
There is a possibility damaged user account can cause the issues. You can create new user account to make sure user account is not causing the issues.
Hope above resolutions steps helped you to fix the Unable to send email an unknown error has occurred 0x800CCC0B issues. If not you need to contact your email providers or Internet service provider. Meanwhile ask your queries in comments or Forum.